The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Cabin in the Woods last night.

WTF!!!!

Finally watched that today. The craziest film I've seen for some time. Nice to see a bit of originality in the midst of all the remakes and sequels.

Watched Mission Impossible 2 on sky plus last night for the first time in years. Sorry, I just think John Woo is cheesy as ****,worst of the 4 films so far by a long shot. Although, It does have a particularly gorgeous Thandie Newton as the love interest. She's so hot. The scene where she first meets Ethan is amazing, she has a sexy dress on and it's cleavage shots galore.

Sad news about Tony Scott, pretty amazing the number of well known films he's directed considering being always under the shadow of his brother, Ridley.

Watched 'Young Adult' last night, starring Charlize Theron - a comedy but not in the slapstick manner.

About an author (and ex-prom queen) of 'teenage girls books' returning to her home town to reclaim her ex partner, who's just had a baby.

Very amusing and a good performance from Theron, who comes across as both foxy and slovenly in the same film!!! Patton Oswald gives a cracking performance in this too.

Horrible news about Scott. May he rest in peace.

Watched "The woman in black" last night. I thought it was really good. And scary at times. Best ghost movie in a very long time, I think.

Sad news about Tony Scott. Witnesses have remarked about him climbing a ten foot fence and just jumping from the bridge without a care!

I've seen quite a few of his movies and they are all rather good from his first The Hunger, True Romance, Crimson Tide and Man on Fire.

just watching F at the moment, I recorded it by accident last night, somehow I have managed to record every film that has been on film 4 that is on as part of the fright fest season by accident.

its your typical sort of English hoodie horror but it aint that bad so far

Â