The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The new Bourne film - 6 out of 10

Watchable, but just felt like a completely different film with the 'bourne' name attached to sell more tickets. Very disapointing to be honest. Too much talk about 'blackfriar' and 'treadstone' and to be honest I had no idea what they was talking about. Not even close to the original 3 in terms of action, acting, story. Could of been so much better

Check out this underrated gem- "Devil in a Blue Dress"

Underrated? Nope. Overlooked? definitely.

Great, great movie and one of Denzil's best imo. Love Don Cheadle in his small, but brilliant role too.

It's a poor man's "LA Confidential"...glad to see someone else out there who appreciates this film

I went to watch The Expendables 2 last night. I thought it was good. Some funny parts and some good action parts. I liked the first one, mainly due to the cast and as a big action movie fan it was good to see even more action movie stars this time. If you liked the first one then this one is definitely worth watching. Could have been better but still enjoyed it. 7/10.

I just watched Back to the Future for the first time and now I understand Gareth's quote. :lol:

Heh. I bought the bluray box of these not long ago, havent watched them yet though. Ofc I have already seen them, many many times, one of my favourites as a kid. It's been a long time since I've watched them though, so I'll wonder what I think now. It's kind of interesting to watch movies like that when you're ALL GROWN UP, to spot different things that you did as a youngster.

I went to watch The Expendables 2 last night. I thought it was good. Some funny parts and some good action parts. I liked the first one, mainly due to the cast and as a big action movie fan it was good to see even more action movie stars this time. If you liked the first one then this one is definitely worth watching. Could have been better but still enjoyed it. 7/10.

Found it really enjoyable as well. Don't think I've ever seen a movie with this many plot holes in it before though :lol:

Chinese girl was annoying though, piss flat acting.

Found it really enjoyable as well. Don't think I've ever seen a movie with this many plot holes in it before though :lol:

I heard Jean Claude steals the show a bit like Lundgren in the first, is that a fair point?

I heard Jean Claude steals the show a bit like Lundgren in the first, is that a fair point?

Haven't watched the first yet, so can't make comparisons. However yes I thought Jean-Claude was terrific, but I don't think he quite "stole the show," most of the rest of the cast were brilliant.

The first one was pretty awful to be honest but Lundgren was good value.

Glad to Hear JCVD was terrific i've always had a liking for him since watching Bloodsport as a young lad of twelve.

He's good in Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, if you haven't seen that. His acting perfromances were vastly underrated until this was recognised when the movie JCVD [2008] was released.

Glad to Hear JCVD was terrific i've always had a liking for him since watching Bloodsport as a young lad of twelve.

i saw the trailer for expendables 2 and he did that split kick and i went "yes!" and the gf looked at me like a proper weirdo

I went to see 'The Bourne Legacy' last night and I wasn't very impressed to be honest. It just didn't have the same gritty feel to it as the first three Bourne films. Plus Renner just doesn't suit the role in my opinion. They should have just left it alone...

Â