The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I just finished watching 'The Notebook' at the behest of my other half, who claimed it would 'bring out my sensitive side'.

It was truly. ****. Awful.

I can't remember the last time I watched something so predictable, badly written and contrived. I'm actually less sensitive having watched it.

I just finished watching 'The Notebook' at the behest of my other half, who claimed it would 'bring out my sensitive side'.

It was truly. ****. Awful.

I can't remember the last time I watched something so predictable, badly written and contrived. I'm actually less sensitive having watched it.

:lol:

Watched Lake Mungo last night....

an Australian fake documentary about a missing girl who comes back to haunt her family....

amazing acting from everyone involved and i found it very unsettling and scary....

i purposely told the missus before hand it was a true story so she was utterly freaked out throughout...

needless to say when i told her it was fake at the end the brew that she promised to make me didnt materialise...

if you like ghost stories get it watched...

on another note im gonna watch another aussie ghost flick "The Tunnel Movie" tonight...

heard good things so looking forward to it

Finally watched Space Odyssey today.

The ****?

You need to take into context the time at which the film was made. At that point the film industry in the States was undergoing a lot of change due to the time period. The whole crazy, psychedelic visuals and the twisted story in general was mirroring society at the time. The big Hollywood studios wanted films like this to bring the younger and more liberal generation back to the cinemas.

The ****?

You need to take into context the time at which the film was made. At that point the film industry in the States was undergoing a lot of change due to the time period. The whole crazy, psychedelic visuals and the twisted story in general was mirroring society at the time. The big Hollywood studios wanted films like this to bring the younger and more liberal generation back to the cinemas.

I think I liked the music more than the film itself.. I think I need to watch it again.

It's overtaken A Clockwork Orange as the weirdest film I've seen though.

Escape to Victory was on today. still a guilty pleasure and im sure some of them lads could do a better job than some of our players ;)

The Bobby Moore cross and Pele overhead kick was shot in one take apparently.

Sounds like you need to steer clear of Kubrick. :winkold:

The Shining & Full Metal Jacket are his best in my opinon.

Nothing that weird in either of them two.

Escape to Victory was on today. still a guilty pleasure and im sure some of them lads could do a better job than some of our players ;)

think i read the Stallone penalty save took about 80 shots as he didnt know what to do and then he got it right and nobody was paying attention :D

he also wanted to score the winner

The ****?

I think I liked the music more than the film itself.. I think I need to watch it again.

Try watching The Tree of Life and see how that compares .

The ****?

Tree of Life wasn't weird. It was just a huge steaming pile of pretentious bullshit.

IMO of course

think i read the Stallone penalty save took about 80 shots as he didnt know what to do and then he got it right and nobody was paying attention :D

he also wanted to score the winner

I watched that yesterday. hadn't seen it before, somehow.

O actually really enjoyed it. i'd always been under the impression it was a total joke of a film, but it's not bad. Harmless fun really.

I actually thought Stallone was pretty good in it to be fair to him. Played the clueless American perfectly.

Watched 2 very different films yesterday.

First up was A Prophet, quite possibly my first French film, I'm certainly not a beginner to subtitles having watched many Asian films. Thought it was really good although it lacked a couple of wow moments that I was sort of expecting, I guess that just added to the realism.

8/10 solid film.

Also watched Napoleon Dynamite, seen it before a few times and loved it again, such a brilliant film and so many one liners to quote. I think my favourite moments are Napolean finding uncle Rico's time machine and it already has 1982 on the dial, chip dressed up all gangster is another one for me.

8/10 for that as well.

The ****?

Try watching The Holy Mountain or Pink Flamingos and see how they compare :D

Â