The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Paul Thomas Anderson is one of the few directors who have a 100% record with me. Consistently top quality.

He is also a miracle worker for getting an incredible performance out of Adam Sandler.

(Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors off the back of his performance for example)

If you haven't seen it, watch Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Bri. He's top notch in that (and it's a great movie to boot).

Paul Thomas Anderson is one of the few directors who have a 100% record with me. Consistently top quality.

He is also a miracle worker for getting an incredible performance out of Adam Sandler.

I thought u meant Paul W S Anderson for a second then

I was close to slapping you round the chops with a wet trout

I thought u meant Paul W S Anderson for a second then

I was close to slapping you round the chops with a wet trout

If I ever mention 'Consistently top quality' in the same sentence as Paul W S Anderson you'd have my permission mate.

Sometimes I think "There Will Be Blood" is the greatest film of all time...not one of my personal favorites, but I cannot deny it's brilliance.

Sometimes I think "There Will Be Blood" is the greatest film of all time...not one of my personal favorites, but I cannot deny it's brilliance.

The director's name didn't ring any bells, but I've seen TWBB, and I thought it was a masterpiece, so yes.

Looks like he largely does computer game to film conversions. Which is really shooting fish in a barrel. I think I've seen 2 of his films. Mortal Kombat & Alien versus Predator. I like MK only because I used to play it and it was novel to see the characters. And I liked the premise behind AvP if not the implementation of it :)

Even I can't say I like anything he's done. Is he rich? He must be as he's allowed to keep on going with all those shite films.

Indeed i wish i could steal a living like he has done

Rubbish film after rubbish film yet always seems to get another job

As if he's banging Milla Jovovich as well disgraceful

His only decent movie has been Event Horizon which was released back in 1997 and only that movie was saved by a great performance from Sam Neill and Fishburne

There's a story about Paul W S Anderson getting his first break in movies by taking a recording of a film, pulling a sequence out of it and sending it off to studios claiming it was his own work. And eventually someone believed him.

Â