The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Watching Le Mans '66 (or Ford vs Ferrari for the Yanks) and enjoying the film. It's gone up in my estimation a whole lot though for the lad wearing a classic Villa shirt. I literally bounced off the sofa and pointed at it like that meme. 

There’s also a claret and blue scarf in Ken’s garage at one point.

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Good film indeed.

Ken Miles was born in Sutton Coldfield hence his affiliation with Villa

mate 

It's 20 years before I was born and I'm not really interested in racing so hadn't heard about him. Good film and happy to see the Villa connections. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It's 20 years before I was born and I'm not really interested in racing so hadn't heard about him. Good film and happy to see the Villa connections. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that it's not really known if he was a Villa fan.  The director (American) did his own research based on where Ken was from and who he thought he might support and decided to include the Villa props based on that.

Watched Jackass 4.5 last night and probably enjoyed it just as much as Jackass Forever. It is nice to see some behind the scenes stuff and the stuff that was cut from the main film. Some of the stuff that was cut from the main film was actually better than some of the stuff in the main film

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that it's not really known if he was a Villa fan.  The director (American) did his own research based on where Ken was from and who he thought he might support and decided to include the Villa props based on that.

Id assume they would have spoken to his son before making the film to get some details. But random to include it if he wasn't a fan. 

is the demand even there at this point? I like the first 3 films but it's not on the top of my list for another one

The 4th one makes more bad decisions than probably any movie I've ever seen, the fridge, the tarzan bullshit, its just non stop, it's surprising coming from Spielberg how out of touch it felt with modern action films, his idea of what would be cool was way off 

• Like 2

No idea what the plot is. But the villains have to be the nazis. It goes wrong when it’s not them.

So as it’s after the war, get him over to South America because there’s some artefact to do with the Incas. The nazis hiding out nearby also want it to bring about the next reich or something (Indi wants it because IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!).

No fridges, no aliens, no Shia and it could work.

• Like 2

Just finished The Batman and unsure what to make of it.

First of all I liked the feel of a 50s crime/detective film and I liked it visually, thought R Patz was decent in the role and it was well acted by supporting cast but it was too long, too quiet and the plot overly drawn out. 

It wasn't bad but not great either. 

Lego Batman is still the greatest caped crusader film to date.

On 28/05/2022 at 17:07, Stevo985 said:

Just back from this

Screenshot_20220409_140938.jpg?fit=1195,

I’ve never seen anything like it. 

Fantastic

There's an infinite amount of universes where you didn't like this film FWIW. 😀

It is one of the best films I've seen nevermind this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â