The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I posted it on here after I'd watched it. One of the best I'd seen for a while.

Need to put together a new Korean Horror movie list...

Sorry no likes.

Yes please on the list, I've seen a few but I've also found a few gems from you're recommendations before.

On the topic of horror films, I've got flashbacks of watching horror films as a really young kid at my Nan's. No idea why she was letting me watch them but hey ho.

One was where a female dead bottom was naked under a tarpaulin on the back of a flatbed truck and the other was a short fat evil guy dancing on a stage. I seem to remember another part of that was his wife brushing his hair and seeing a mark on his head? Either of those 2 ring any bells?

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

On the topic of horror films, I've got flashbacks of watching horror films as a really young kid at my Nan's. No idea why she was letting me watch them but hey ho.

One was where a female dead bottom was naked under a tarpaulin on the back of a flatbed truck and the other was a short fat evil guy dancing on a stage. I seem to remember another part of that was his wife brushing his hair and seeing a mark on his head? Either of those 2 ring any bells?

First one could be Frenzy?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrenm said:

How long ago?

Can't remember a great deal about it... maybe Roadgames 1981, Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee?

28 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

First one could be Frenzy?

Looks the right type of thing thanks

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

How long ago?

Can't remember a great deal about it... maybe Roadgames 1981, Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee?

About 82/83 I'll have a look thanks.

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If not already seen , seek out Martyrs, a french film from 2008. It stayed in my head longer then an other horror I can remember.

There's some really good stuff in the 'New French Extreme Cinema' bracket including this - my faves were Haute Tension / Switchblade Romance, L'Interiuer and Irreversible. The latter isn't really horror, but it is horrible. Could include Catherine Breillat's work too... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

There's some really good stuff in the 'New French Extreme Cinema' bracket including this - my faves were Haute Tension / Switchblade Romance, L'Interiuer and Irreversible. The latter isn't really horror, but it is horrible. Could include Catherine Breillat's work too... 

Caught irreversible years back, gasper noe has a scary mind, very artistic though. I struggle to remember the names of some films, so will this out and hopefully haven't seen already, cheers.

22 minutes ago, hogso said:

Frontiers and Among the Living are another couple of faves from that genre.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

On the topic of Korean horror films. The best I’ve ever seen is The Wailing. It’s a perfect film.

Never seen that one but I did watch the Korean film, 'I Saw The Devil' a few years ago and thought it was outstanding. Highly recommend if haven't seen it. More suspense I suppose rather than horror but anyway still best Korean film I have seen, with Train to Busan right behind it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

The new suicide squad was kinda disappointing if I'm honest. It was better than the original/first one but still not great and the jokes in it were pretty shit. 6.5/10

Were some funny moments in the first 30 mins but after that it was a bit of a drag.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

The new suicide squad was kinda disappointing if I'm honest. It was better than the original/first one but still not great and the jokes in it were pretty shit. 6.5/10

7 hours ago, sne said:

Were some funny moments in the first 30 mins but after that it was a bit of a drag.

Went to see it in the cinema last night and have to say felt all over the place and to be honest pretty forgetful already and a lot of pointless bits to it. At least this one didn't have Jared Leto in it. Was nice to be in the cinema though and devouring a tonne of popcorn again! 

• Like 1

Â