The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dinner in America is great. 

It is isn't it? At its heart, it's a love story but to call it that would be doing it a massive injustice. Such a superb film.

• Like 1

The True History of the Kelly Gang - is... intense. Couldn't stop watching it, but it did leave me a little confused, the story was a bit chaotic and the strobe light effect just pissed me off, but George McKay really does inhabit the role. He's so good in anything I've seen him in ( Pride, 1917 )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Didn’t see that coming!  Looks woeful 

Yes it has all the ingredients for my usual nonsense but even I could not merit this abomination

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes it has all the ingredients for my usual nonsense but even I could not merit this abomination

If only it had Scott Adkins in it 😉🤣

Have just seen, he’s got a part in John Wick 4 -‘fair play to him!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Just seen Free Guy. Absolutely brilliant.

It's Ready Player One with The Truman Show and a bit of The Matrix. Maybe a bit of Elf too.

Ryan Reynolds exactly how you'd expect.

• Like 3

On 17/08/2021 at 15:14, theboyangel said:

Took the kids to see Jungle Cruise this morning and thought it was good, easy watching family fun. 

Thought pretty much the same. All 3 main characters put in solid performances and the script was fairly good fun.

One scene I can see being cut for Chinese and Russian audiences. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Snake Eyes, ninja from G I Joe

Crap

i dont know what they do with the license but making films definitely isnt it

could do with a cartoon series like the transformers one on netflix (which is excellent) another franchise that should stop making films, take it back to basics

Snake Eyes. Watched this too on Tuesday,  I thought it was a 5.5 but if they changed the script, the story, the way the fight scenes were shot and the lead actor, probably the director, maybe held back on saying it had anything to do with gi Joe, it would be good.

Samara Weaving and Ursula Corbero were the bomb though, I like them a lot.

Edited by Phil Silvers

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Snake Eyes. Watched this too on Tuesday,  I thought it was a 5.5 but if they changed the script, the story, the way the fight scenes were shot and the lead actor, probably the director, maybe held back on saying it had anything to do with gi Joe, it would be good.

would and would, those tight, tight pleather outfits 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

would and would, those tight, tight pleather outfits 

I urge everyone to watch Babysitter and Babysitter killer queen, Samara Weaving and Bella Thorne are splendid.

And OT but whatever, Ursula Corbero is great in Money Heist, a Spanish series on Netflix. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I urge everyone to watch Babysitter and Babysitter killer queen, Samara Weaving and Bella Thorne are splendid.

And OT but whatever, Ursula Corbero is great in Money Heist, a Spanish series on Netflix. 

The one with 'the professor' thought I recognised her 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes two smoking hot women like these make even the most terrible of movies at least watchable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Samara Weaving 

Loved her in this:

spacer.png

She was good as the psychotic Nix in Guns Akimbo too.

Certainly doesn't look much like her uncle...

• Like 3

Saw The Suicide Squad last night.

Wouldn't usually be my thing but the reviews were good so gave it a go.

It was really very good. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And it was very funny in parts as well. Idris was fantastic in it too.

The story is utterly ridiculous. I think if I told someone the plot they'd think I was making it up it's so stupid. But it worked

Â