The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

@leemond2008 that’s a great list, films I always loved for some reason and have recently purchased the box set is Phantasm, the first especially I love. 

And I know it’s on your list but I love the wicker man and rosemarys baby.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I took stock of my horror collection the other day, I only really started buying films recently, when I was younger I had hundreds and hundreds of horror films on VHS and then because of things like showbox and netflix I got lazy so about 6 months ago I made a conscious effort to start buying my horror collection back on blu ray, when I started out I had about 60 or 70, its come on quite nicely since then.

I'll shove the list in a spoiler because its got a fair few films in it.

If anyone can thing of any absolute classics that I'm missing shout up, the list of films to buy is pretty much never ending but you might come up with something that I had completely forgotten about.

anyway here is my horror collection

Reveal hidden contents

critters collection

insidious

last exorcism

last exorcism 2

the crow

Donkey Punch

the fly

mega shark v giant octopus

3 from hell

a girl walks home alone at night

straw dogs

it follows

drag me to hell

battle royal

deliverance

the howling

midsommar

martyrs

the society

let the right one in

rec

rec 2

I spit on your grave

mama

Carrie

Carrie (remake)

crystal lake memories

Halloween (collection)

Halloween 2018

H

Tale of two sisters

30 days of night

repulsion

the craft

the descent

stag night

Texas chainsaw massacre

Texas chainsaw massacre 2

IT chapter 1

IT chapter 2

Hammer horror collection

Exorcist (1,2 & 3 + dominion and the beginning)

Clockwork orange

The shining

The omen collection

Alien anthology

Universal monsters collection

re-animator

rosemary’s baby

Saw the collection

Psycho

The birds

Children of the corn - collection

the possession

train to Busan

last house on the left

black swan

poltergeist collection

the entity

the wicker man

lost boys trilogy

scanners

oldboy

Us

even horizon

evil dead trilogy

survival of the dead

dawn of the dead

day of the dead

night of the living dead

land of the dead

dead snow

toolbox murders

the prodigy

the thing

wrong turn

wrong turn 2

the strangers

haunting in Connecticut

burying the ex

long-time dead

Friday 13th collection

Friday 13th 2009

Amityville horror

Amityville horror - remake

doctor sleep

oculus

Ouija - origins of evil

nightmare on elm street collection

house at the end of the street

the unborn

black Christmas

wrong turn

scream 1,2,3 & 4

cherry falls

hostel 1,2,3 & 4

the purge

the purge anarchy

the purge election year

the first purge

stigmata

ready or not

28 days later

28 weeks later

videodrome

cabin fever

Blair Witch Project

The Blair Witch

there's a hostel 4??

i enjoyed the fear street films that have been on netflix recently. awesome soundtracks too

i guess theres a few stephen king films that COULD go in but they're hit and miss. i know you have IT and carrie in your list there but also have the shining, misery, tommyknockers, thinner just off the top of my head

Edited by tomav84

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there's a hostel 4??

i enjoyed the fear street films that have been on netflix recently. awesome soundtracks too

i guess theres a few stephen king films that COULD go in but they're hit and miss. i know you have IT and carrie in your list there but also have the shining, misery, tommyknockers, thinner just off the top of my head

nah there isn't a Hostel 4, I think I got a bit carried away with myself when I was typing the list out and thought I'd invent a sequel that never even existed.

The Shining is on the list, and don't forget Salems Lot is King as well, I think Tommyknockers is one that I have never actually seen

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Hereditary 

The Dark and the Wicked

Kill list

I actually thought I had hereditary already, I think that I was going to get it at one point but I've already seen it 4 or 5 times so I went for something else that I hadn't seen in a while

Never heard of The Dark and the Wicked, I'll keep my eye open for it

Kill List, I did own this many moons ago on DVD, one of my mates had it off me and never gave it back

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

nah there isn't a Hostel 4, I think I got a bit carried away with myself when I was typing the list out and thought I'd invent a sequel that never even existed.

The Shining is on the list, and don't forget Salems Lot is King as well, I think Tommyknockers is one that I have never actually seen

All of those are good.

My favorite King movie is The Green Mile. Really more suspenseful/supernatural I suppose but just one of my all time favorites.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I actually thought I had hereditary already, I think that I was going to get it at one point but I've already seen it 4 or 5 times so I went for something else that I hadn't seen in a while

Never heard of The Dark and the Wicked, I'll keep my eye open for it

Kill List, I did own this many moons ago on DVD, one of my mates had it off me and never gave it back

You will love the dark and the wicked. Probably the best horror film I’ve seen in the last 12 months👍 And like your good self I watch a lot of horror films

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

All of those are good.

My favorite King movie is The Green Mile. Really more suspenseful/supernatural I suppose but just one of my all time favorites.

god can't believe i forgot to mention that...what a film that is

14 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

you're not missing much from the tommyknockers

if you're into ridiclous, just pure comedy horror (i noticed mega shark v giant octopus) another king film is maximum overdrive. very silly indeed

• Like 1

Favourite Stephen King related film is Shawshank. An all-timer. Favourite Stephen King related awful entertaining film is Sleepwalkers which is just... wow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Dreamcatcher - shit weasels! 

On a more serious note, King movie adaptations which are worth a look are Apt Pupil, Cujo and Doctor Sleep.

Stay far away from The Lawnmower Man, The Dark Tower, and Cell. 

I have a bit of a soft spot for The Langoliers and Desperation too, although I'd stop well short of suggesting them for a horror movie collection...unless you're a Constant Reader and avid collector, like me... 

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

Dreamcatcher - shit weasels! 

On a more serious note, King movie adaptations which are worth a look are Apt Pupil, Cujo and Doctor Sleep.

Stay far away from The Lawnmower Man, The Dark Tower, and Cell. 

I have a bit of a soft spot for The Langoliers and Desperation too, although I'd stop well short of suggesting them for a horror movie collection...unless you're a Constant Reader and avid collector, like me... 

Christ I haven't seen Lawnmower man since I was a kid, Cujo is great, I watched that again on The Horror Channel a few weeks back, I enjoyed Doctor Sleep as well, I like Flannagan as a director.

Dark Tower was one of the worst book to film adaptations I've ever seen, that book series has so much potential and they absolutely **** it.

I tend to drop any good contemporary horror movies onto this thread, but here's a list of few that folks might not have seen/mentioned:

1. The Mortuary Collection
2. Possessor
3. Saint Maud
4. Terrifier
5. Pyewacket
6. Last Shift
7. Come True
8. Blood Fest
9. The Dark Tapes
10. Death of a Vlogger
11. The Banishing
12. Possum
13. Nobody Leaves
14. Jakobs Wife
15. The Call
16. Censor
17. Vicious Fun
18. Lake Mungo
19. Resolution
20. The Endless
21. Spring
22. Random Acts of Violence
23. Killing Ground
24. Don't Listen
25. The Queen of Black Magic
26. Anything for Jackson
27. We Summon the Darkness
28. Daniel isn't Real
29. Relic
30. His House

I'll leave it at 30, but that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head from the last couple of years 😃

I enjoyed all these to varying degrees, so happy to recommend them.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I tend to drop any good contemporary horror movies onto this thread, but here's a list of few that folks might not have seen/mentioned:

1. The Mortuary Collection
2. Possessor
3. Saint Maud
4. Terrifier
5. Pyewacket
6. Last Shift
7. Come True
8. Blood Fest
9. The Dark Tapes
10. Death of a Vlogger
11. The Banishing
12. Possum
13. Nobody Leaves
14. Jakobs Wife
15. The Call
16. Censor
17. Vicious Fun
18. Lake Mungo
19. Resolution
20. The Endless
21. Spring
22. Random Acts of Violence
23. Killing Ground
24. Don't Listen
25. The Queen of Black Magic
26. Anything for Jackson
27. We Summon the Darkness
28. Daniel isn't Real
29. Relic
30. His House

I'll leave it at 30, but that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head from the last couple of years 😃

I enjoyed all these to varying degrees, so happy to recommend them.

No15, if that's the Korean one from last year its really good.

I'd class Parasite in these lists.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah, I posted it on here after I'd watched it. One of the best I'd seen for a while.

Need to put together a new Korean Horror movie list...

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I'd class Parasite in these lists.

Ps.. I have to research the ratings with this category as there is so much rubbish. I've perfected the art of this without finding out to much about the movie, I like to go in as blind as.possible.

• Like 1

Â