The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 23/07/2021 at 13:25, Phil Silvers said:

Blood Red Sky  2021, new on Netflix. 

Action/Horror, better then the usual straight to Netflix crap. Quite enjoyed it, couple of good characters. High 6s maybe 7/10

Watched this last night and I agree, not too bad at all for a "Netflix" film. For some reason the audio defaulted to dub over the German speaking parts (its mostly English anyway) , had to switch it English subs, way better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched this last night and I agree, not too bad at all for a "Netflix" film. For some reason the audio defaulted to dub over the German speaking parts (its mostly English anyway) , had to switch it English subs, way better.

Agree about dubbing, can't do it,very off-putting, even if you cannot understand a language, subs are better and you feel more of what the actor is feeling, a dubbing actor cannot convey the emotion of the scene.

Have thought about this film since watching and I think it's even better then I first gave it credit for, its pretty good, far from a perfect production but I really like it.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

This seems to be the default for Netflix. I remember it defaulted to this when I was watching Dark, and in fact people I recommended that series to said they didn't like it because of the dubbing.

Very annoying. I agree foreign language films/shows are far better with the original actors' dialogue and subtitles

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Suicide Squad is getting extremely good reviews. Appears Gunn has done it again.

Is this a sequel or a remake?

I wouldn't usually be bothered but with my recently acquired Unlimited movie powers I may give it a chance

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this a sequel or a remake?

I wouldn't usually be bothered but with my recently acquired Unlimited movie powers I may give it a chance

It's a sequel and a reboot it seems. It doesn't contradict anything that happens in the first film, and features a number of returning characters, but beyond that is it's own thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It's a sequel and a reboot it seems. It doesn't contradict anything that happens in the first film, and features a number of returning characters, but beyond that is it's own thing.

Cheers. Might give it a watch

On 26/07/2021 at 11:22, Stevo985 said:

Went to the cinema on the weekend for the first time in at least 18 months because of the pandemic. 

Saw "A Quiet Place 2" and thought it was really very good indeed. Ending was a bit abrupt but I liked it. Would actually enjoy seeing more of the prequel part of it

Edit: I actually went on my own for the first time ever. And really enjoyed it. I might start doing it more often

Been doing it for years, infact when I do go cinema with Mrs, we sit together but if it's a mate ill demand there is a gap between us. Feels very awkward sitting that close to another bloke. Villa Park only for that.

As for QP2, v good. Jk is a talent, looking forward to him being given the reigns to something huge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

when I do go cinema with Mrs, we sit together but if it's a mate ill demand there is a gap between us. Feels very awkward sitting that close to another bloke.

Do you worry that they won't be able to control themselves, or is it your own urges that distract you from the film?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

jungle cruise getting good reviews

suicide squad getting great reviews

looks like the cinema is back!

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac

We didn't start the ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jungle cruise is 19.99 on Disney too now, joke. might cancel everything and just nick everything.

The crazy thing about it being that because it's being stolen from the streaming service the quality is great

The argument over ropey cams I can understand but thats not an issue with Disney stuff

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The crazy thing about it being that because it's being stolen from the streaming service the quality is great

The argument over ropey cams I can understand but thats not an issue with Disney stuff

Yep just acquired, watched 10mins just to check quality, bangin.  Just about to watch the rest, hooked already, looking to be great fun and Spielbergesque, Williamsesque score too.

• Like 2

Â