The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched Beckett on Netflix - it was ok and very reminiscent in tone of a 60/70s political thriller akin to the Ipcress File, Three Days of the Condor or the Parallax View.

Not brilliant but not rubbish either.

now settling down to Aliens as signed up to Disney + today! 

(any D+ suggestions? (Film or Tv) Other than Marvel/Star Wars content!) 

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just watched Beckett on Netflix - it was ok and very reminiscent in tone of a 60/70s political thriller akin to the Ipcress File, Three Days of the Condor or the Parallax View.

The Right Stuff.

Its about the US Space program;thought pretty good and hopefully they make some more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Moana, coco, luca, soul... 

Hidden figures, mulan wasn't that bad, the favourite won Oscars, so did nomad land, 500 days of summer

TV shows they have Atlanta, I need to watch the mighty ducks for pure nostalgia 

Free solo is on there but in general I found the documentary stuff to be disappointing, definitely watch OJ made in America 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Salad said:

The Right Stuff.

Its about the US Space program;thought pretty good and hopefully they make some more.

Series or film? Both are on there.

30 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Watched Outpost last night, not sure why I took so long to view it. As good a film as I have seen for a long while. Utter madness of a situation

Thought it was pretty good as well and surprised how good Clint Eastwood's son was in it; the other things I have seen in him didn't think he was great but did a fantastic job in this one.

never seen it before but watched wrong turn the other day...then the 2nd last night. now found out there's about 7 of the fkers but i'm invested now and need to watch the rest, even though they're pretty dire

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

never seen it before but watched wrong turn the other day...then the 2nd last night. now found out there's about 7 of the fkers but i'm invested now and need to watch the rest, even though they're pretty dire

Wrong Turn 2 is among the worst films I've ever watched. Or I should say I turned it off after that inbreed, incest sex scene.

Wrong Turn 1 is pretty good, also Eliza Dushku.

Not seen any of the sequels or the 2021 reboot.

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Not seen any of the sequels or the 2021 reboot.

I enjoyed that one. The direction it took (lol) was quite a surprise and the last scene (during credits) is great 😆

• Like 1

Watched The Forest last night.

Not a bad psychological/supernatural film overall,thought the ending was good. 7/10.

Also I would do disgusting, unspeakable things to be with Natalie Dormer😍🤤

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Took the kids to see Jungle Cruise this morning and thought it was good, easy watching family fun. 

i really enjoyed it. some fun references to the ride too near the start

• Like 1

Just watched the Fred Hampton biopic, "Judas and the black Messiah ". What a story and what a man. To be able to radicalize the working class in to discarding the concept of race at such a young age and in a time when America was in political and racial turmoil is beyond belief. 

I don't believe America can ever atone for it's crimes against African Americans. 

• Like 1

Â