The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Originally thats what i thought, thanos wins, cap or iron man kiss and make up before one of them dies, maybe a couple more die...miss marvel set in the 90s in between introduces her before she comes in to part 2 i can understand...but where do you pitch ant man 2? It doesnt fit 

According to one report I read, AM2 is set after Cap 3 and before Infinity Wars, even though it comes out after.

Its apparently 'very connected' to the Avengers films, so maybe something happens in IW, that's then explained in AM2? 

It's Marvel, I'm sure whatever happens, it'll be ace. 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Originally thats what i thought, thanos wins, cap or iron man kiss and make up before one of them dies, maybe a couple more die...miss marvel set in the 90s in between introduces her before she comes in to part 2 i can understand...but where do you pitch ant man 2? It doesnt fit 

Infinity War is supposedly a bit of a time jump forward so it's possible Ant-Man 2 is set before it.

My suspicion is we're going have a bit of cull of supporting characters. War Machine, Vision (who basically has to die or somehow be massively depowered - he has one of the Stones in his head, and Corvus Glaive seems to get it off him in Edinburgh), Hawkeye (who is nowhere to be seen in the trailers and I don't think there's a trick arrow for Thanos)... I think Loki is a goner as well. Of the main cast, Cap is the most fitting death. But more or less any of them make sense to go, they're all out of contract and the recent films have been carefully setting up replacements - Dr Strange is effectively Stark with magic for instance.

I've long held a suspicion that the sequel will be something like New Avengers or whatever. My big worry is that they might use Doctor Strange as a get out of jail free card and undermine the entire threat. They need to get the Time stone off him as fast as possible, and establish that he can't just dimension hop people out of danger - presumably Ebony Maw puts him out of action ASAP.

• Like 1

Watched "The Disaster Artist" last night. Before that I'd never heard of Tommy Wiseau.

James Franco absolutely nailed the part, very good movie overall.

Of course I just had to watch "The Room" afterwards...so breathtakingly bad it was brilliant :)

The blonde had decent raspberries as well.

• Like 2

I’ll hold my hand up in shame and admit to liking a Michael bay film (other than The Rock)

Revisited Pain & Gain last night, a cracking film based on the true events of three bodybuilders who kidnap a client to extort his assets from him.

very funny and surprising how dumb people really are (in the name of living the American dream!)

Mark Wahlberg, the Rock and Anthony Mackie were all very good.

• Like 2

Watched Canadian Indie flick Les Affamés (Ravenous) 

It's sadly pretty much your standard low budget zombie movie and I was a bit disappointed as I had higher hopes for it.

It's been getting some good reviews but even thou it is a bit different it's nothing special.

Not terrible, but probably only for those who like me love this genre.

Edit: The sound in the movie is pretty good thou which helps create atmosphere 

Edited by sne

the new Joaquin Phoenix movie is one of worst things I have seen at the cinema. Awful plot and characters. I think he actually based his character on Roy Keane even down to the beard

joaquin-phoenix-you-were-never-really-he

12 hours ago, sne said:

Watched Canadian Indie flick Les Affamés (Ravenous) 

It's sadly pretty much your standard low budget zombie movie and I was a bit disappointed as I had higher hopes for it.

It's been getting some good reviews but even thou it is a bit different it's nothing special.

Not terrible, but probably only for those who like me love this genre.

Edit: The sound in the movie is pretty good thou which helps create atmosphere 

Yeah I switched it off after I noticed I was checking my phone more and the film had become background noise. Very boring and just felt like any random episode of season 2 of Walking Dead.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spiderman homecoming was garbage

Hardly surprising considering its the 6th iteration within 15 years, did they really have anything to say in this film?

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Hardly surprising considering its the 6th iteration within 15 years, did they really have anything to say in this film?

It was nothing new just had a bit of iron man in it. I preferred the toby Maguire ones. This one seemed too goofy and child like for me.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It was nothing new just had a bit of iron man in it. I preferred the toby Maguire ones. This one seemed too goofy and child like for me.

I guess this was just Marvel bringing the younger Spiderman into their universe, hard not to see it as a cynical cash grab though really.

Edited by AVFCDAN

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Top end MCU for me.

Yep totally agree.

And Keaton made for one of the more interesting villains by adding a little bit of actual depth and colour to his Vulture. He was superb in it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep totally agree.

And Keaton made for one of the more interesting villains by adding a little bit of actual depth and colour to his Vulture. He was superb in it.

I've said before that Keaton's best scene, and basically the best scene in the film, is a conversation. He's fantastic, a very low key villain but brilliantly menacing when needed and the film gives him depth within just a few scenes that few others come close to.

Easily one of the best MCU villains, only behind Loki.

• Like 2

Yeah, was very surprised by it - in a good way.

Also looking forward to Ant Man and Wasp as well, another low key ( well by Marvel standards ) ( Ant Man ) that turned out to be great fun.

Re-watched Hail Caesar for the first time since it's release. Such a funny homage to that period of film making. One of my favourite Coen pics for me. Clooney explaining communism to Brolin's Maenix always cracks me up ( not to mention the attempted mirthless chuckle )

Edited by Rodders

Â