The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Fantastic Beasts 2

I know I watched the first one but I can't remember a single detail about it other than that it was in NY.

This one has Johnny Depp in it so it's bound to be crap.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Fantastic Beasts 2

I know I watched the first one but I can't remember a single detail about it other than that it was in NY.

This one has Johnny Depp in it so it's bound to be crap.

Depp was in the first one too ;)

• Haha 1

personal_shopper.jpg

Terrific drama with an unusual take on the 'ghost' genre.

Have to say, Kristen Stewart has developed into a fine actor since the sparkly vampire movies. Here she's teamed up again with director Olivier Assayas who she previously made the excellent Clouds of Sils Maria with.

Recommended :thumb:

35 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just looked at the cast list for that new avengers film. 

The sheer amount of Hollywood names appearing in it makes my head hurt.

It probably needs to make 500 million to break even. Not a problem though will no doubt make 3 times that at least.

Have to say Brolin as Thanos does look really good and actually make me want to see this.

7 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It probably needs to make 500 million to break even. Not a problem though will no doubt make 3 times that at least.

Have to say Brolin as Thanos does look really good and actually make me want to see this.

Oh I’m sure it will make a load of money, no question about that.

It’s more the amount of screen time each of the actors actually gets in the film I was curious about. There’s around 20 or so A-list actors in that line up, so unless the film is 4 hours long some of them must literally be on the screen for a couple of minutes.

I’m not massive on these sort of films, they are what they are, big blockbuster fun. I was just wondering how you have all these big names without some getting short changed.

I kinda wish they hadn't changed Thanos' motivation, but I can understand why they did. 

Looks great though. It will be the longest MCU film iirc, but still around 2.5 hours. Everyone will get their moments I'm sure. 

That Cap moment at the end is basically the compete embodiment of the character caught in one scene. Fantastic.

So been off today watched a couple films.

the ritual, was abit meh to be honest. Nothing really different. Just seemed like a male version of descent in a forest as opposed to caves 

then I watched Thor Ragnarok. Omg was this film good or what. I had low expectations but bloody hell was really enjoyable. It’s up there for me in my top 5 super hero movies for marvel. For me the best of all the Thors. What I really like about the Thor movies is the relationship between Thor and Loki. Great storyline anD very entertaining definitely recommend that one. 

Edited by Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Got round to watching American Made, better than I thought. And credit where it's due, anyone who can play a rat and still evince sympathy gets my attention. Tom Cruise at his best.

Yep, very much his best role for quite a few years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Oh I’m sure it will make a load of money, no question about that.

It’s more the amount of screen time each of the actors actually gets in the film I was curious about. There’s around 20 or so A-list actors in that line up, so unless the film is 4 hours long some of them must literally be on the screen for a couple of minutes.

I’m not massive on these sort of films, they are what they are, big blockbuster fun. I was just wondering how you have all these big names without some getting short changed.

" They are what they are ", kryptonite.

Let's not beat around the bush.;)

• Haha 1

The intrigue for me is how theyve changed it from a 2 parter and have 2 films in between this and avengers 4 (miss marvel i think is set in the 90s) 

Means this must have some sort of conclusion rather than a cliff hanger otherwise ant man wont work 

Slightly disappointed by Annihilation. I didn’t completely dislike it but having been really looking forward to it for a while, I thought it was merely OK. Rather than being complex or challenging, I thought the majority of the film was incredibly straightforward and actually quite shallow. In fact, I think the ‘weirdness’ of the final act is what saves it. I wish it had had more of that.

There’s some incredibly stupid behaviour from some of the supporting characters and one of the them only seemed to be there to provide clunky exposition. 

A missed opportunity IMO. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The intrigue for me is how theyve changed it from a 2 parter and have 2 films in between this and avengers 4 (miss marvel i think is set in the 90s) 

Means this must have some sort of conclusion rather than a cliff hanger otherwise ant man wont work 

My guess is, this one is Marvel's 'Empire'. 

One, maybe 2 major heroes die (Cap and Iron Man). Thanos 'wins' and it's all a bit bleak at the end. There will be a minor victory, like holding on to one of the infinity stones, but generally they will get their butts kicked.

The next one will be the 'new' Avengers getting revenge and saving the universe. 

Spidey

Strange

New Cap

New Iron Man 

Captain Marvel

GOTG

Thor 

Plus whoever else is left.

Originally thats what i thought, thanos wins, cap or iron man kiss and make up before one of them dies, maybe a couple more die...miss marvel set in the 90s in between introduces her before she comes in to part 2 i can understand...but where do you pitch ant man 2? It doesnt fit 

Â