The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Saw it last night, very funny, it's a shame that all she's remembered for is the Nancy Kerrigan incident because, boy, could she skate.

Ya. Over here during the Olympics a triple was just done for the first time by a US woman. Not in one place did they emphasize in (i) in the Olympics, or (ii) Tonya Harding was the first to do this. 

I loved her comment about Kerrigan on the podium, so salty :D

18 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So just watching the original Point Break for the first time in years. Not connected the dots before, but just noticed that the first Fast and Furious film is pretty much the same film but with a different sport. It follows the exact same sequence.... agent gets in with bad guys after falling in love with the woman of the group. Has something to prove to the leader but gets on his side. With the leader fights another group and then thinks it must be them. Works out it’s the leader all along. Has the chance to arrest him but let’s him go...

I would have preferred to watch 20 Point Breaks instead of the many Fast and Furious sequels they have made 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Just watched I, Tonya. Loved it, exactly my sort of film, 9/10.

If anyone is put off because of the topic/synopsis/figure skating, I implore you to give it a watch anyway.

I thought the skating scenes were superb.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought the skating scenes were superb.

I just meant if someone heard its about skating and thought "nah, that's not my thing". Yes the skating scenes were excellent, but the vast majority of the film that has nothing do with skating would still appeal to someone who had no interest in the sport.

Just watched Brawl In Cell Block 99, and boy, I enjoyed it. It stretches the limits of credibility, I know, but that is one fine performance by Vince Vaughan. One cold character indeed, but offset with a subtle sense of humour. Loved it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched Brawl In Cell Block 99, and boy, I enjoyed it. It stretches the limits of credibility, I know, but that is one fine performance by Vince Vaughan. One cold character indeed, but offset with a subtle sense of humour. Loved it.

Have you seen the directors other film Bone Tomahawk? Equally as great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Have you seen the directors other film Bone Tomahawk? Equally as great.

I certainly have. Caught it on Netflix.

That Indian tribe was one scary outfit.  

No one plays tough like Kurt Russell. It's quite similar to the character he plays in the Hateful Eight.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still can't believe how shit justice league was. Dc films have been absolutely shit lately compared to marvel 

It makes Marvels continued success all the more impressive to be honest. Every mistake that DC make Marvel seem to avoid, you have to give them credit for that.

It will be interesting to see where we are in a few more years, even Marvel will struggle to make the same superhero tropes interesting to watch sooner or later. DC are already failing at it now for some reason.

46 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It makes Marvels continued success all the more impressive to be honest. Every mistake that DC make Marvel seem to avoid, you have to give them credit for that.

It will be interesting to see where we are in a few more years, even Marvel will struggle to make the same superhero tropes interesting to watch sooner or later. DC are already failing at it now for some reason.

Yep you are right about that. It gwts to that stage where whats different from this marvel film to that. There are so many now and becoming too frequent.

I really thought justice league would be good. It was so poor. The flash was ridiculously crap and not funny in the slightest. Cyborg was gash.

Onky aquaman from the new heroes was any good

Â