The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Rewatched All The Presidents Men  last night. Hadn't seen it in a long time. Really gripping and I'll be revisiting the book. Please god let there be a modern version of this tale appearing in the next 2-3 years...

Bright - Will Smith (Netflix)

Easily one of the worst films I have ever seen.  Did not even finish it,  shocking.  There is nothing to say about it apart from it's for the under 12's but even my 12 year old self would have binned this.

I am sure this is a remake of something from the late 80's where an alien guy is a copper ? 

0/10 

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Easily one of the worst films I have ever seen.  Did not even finish it,  shocking.  There is nothing to say about it apart from it's for the under 12's but even my 12 year old self would have binned this.

I am sure this is a remake of something from the late 80's where an alien guy is a copper ? 

0/10 

I've read so many people slating it but everyone I speak to says it's pretty good. I don't understand

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is a movie in which Will Smith is a police officer who *peers over glasses, checks description carefully* is partnered with an orc, in an *checks again* 'odd couple comedy'. 

Hmm. 

It was a comedy in the same way "Acorn Antiques" was I think.  It's the stuff in the background that was the funniest I suppose.

It was very "School play" at best.  Putting a weird thing with a weird thing together has been done,  If a film can beat putting "Karl Dilkington and Warren Davies" together for a holiday programme then good one,  otherwise, forget it.  

I am still angry about the film now,  2 days later and I only watched 75% of it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

0/10 

I read the writer got 1.5 million dollars for the script, was on of highest script payments ever :lol::lol:

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've read so many people slating it but everyone I speak to says it's pretty good. I don't understand

Same. I only know two people who have seen it but they both said it was good.

Reviews are awful though.

Rotten Tomatoes gives a critics score of 20% and an audience rating of 89%!

• Like 2

It’s one of those films where, as much as I try, I genuinely can’t understand how anyone could enjoy it. It was easily the worst film I saw last year. I hadn’t read any reviews going into it but it was just so badly made in every way. An absolute cluster**** of a movie. 

• Like 1

Bright was ok, Just seems to be another one of those things it is fashionable to hate on twitter for some reason, They have already confirmed a sequel too so that will give people something else to moan about.

Really enjoyed Three Billboards, There are not enough movies that contain people getting kicked in the C word removed

Edited by LakotaDakota

bright has done what netflix needed though, watched by a lot of people which is purely how netflix measures success...dont quite know how netflix's business model works in regards to films, cant see someone taking out a subscription to watch 1 film...they've confirmed its getting a sequel

Molly’s game tonight , the story was interesting ( I’ll shortly be verifying via google to see how much artistic license was taken :) ) .. thought the chemistry with Elba and Chastain was good 

shame they couldn’t have got TM to play himself , I mean Mr x 

Easily the best film I’ve seen in 2018 so far though :) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

bright has done what netflix needed though, watched by a lot of people which is purely how netflix measures success...dont quite know how netflix's business model works in regards to films, cant see someone taking out a subscription to watch 1 film...they've confirmed its getting a sequel

I assume it's content as a whole that Netflix think people will sign up for. 

It's unlikely someone will sign up for one film. But if Netflix make 20 films, that you can only see on Netflix (legally), then people are more likely to sign up.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

My Dad has just watched life he said "best alien film I have ever seen"

I enjoyed it but bloody hell that's a bit much

It was ok but its just basically a poor version of Alien. 

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

My Dad has just watched life he said "best alien film I have ever seen"

I enjoyed it but bloody hell that's a bit much

did you check how many " Alien " films he had seen in his life  :) 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was ok but its just basically a poor version of Alien. 

never really get the love for Alien tbh  ... its Ok but it's just basically a poor version of Life

but seriously , maybe I need to watch Alien again as I just don't remember it being that good but maybe my view has been sullied by Alien prequels  ...

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

never really get the love for Alien tbh  ... its Ok but it's just basically a poor version of Life

but seriously , maybe I need to watch Alien again as I just don't remember it being that good but maybe my view has been sullied by Alien prequels  ...

Alien and Aliens are great. Very different but both fantastic

• Like 2

Â