The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The more I think about it, the more I believe that 'O Brother Where Art Thou' is my favourite Coen Brothers film.

They've made a load of good films though. I'd struggle to pick a top 10, never mind top 5.

Oh, what the hell!

Coen Brothers Top 10!

10. True Grit

9. Blood Simple

8. A Serious Man

7. The Big Lebowski

6. Inside Llewyn Davis

5. Miller's Crossing

4. No Country for Old Men

3. Barton Fink

2. Fargo

1. O Brother, Where Art Thou

I need to watch The Man Who Wasn't There again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe that 'O Brother Where Art Thou' is my favourite Coen Brothers film.

They've made a load of good films though. I'd struggle to pick a top 10, never mind top 5.

Oh, what the hell!

Coen Brothers Top 10!

10. True Grit

9. Blood Simple

8. A Serious Man

7. The Big Lebowski

6. Inside Llewyn Davis

5. Miller's Crossing

4. No Country for Old Men

3. Barton Fink

2. Fargo

1. O Brother, Where Art Thou

I need to watch The Man Who Wasn't There again.

For me it's Miller's Crossing

Barton Fink

and none of the others come close

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hogso said:

Good call, Home Alone is therefore a film that features Christmas rather than a Christmas movie, then. Although it has been some time since I have seen it, should be viewing it again very soon, so will be able to judge better based upon the amount of references to Christmas in it.

Edit - hang on, isn't there a scene where Kevin makes his own Christmas party to make it look like the house is occupied? And don't they sing carols at the start of the film? And I might have imagined/transplanted this, but does he not also open everyone else's presents or something?

Yes but they're hardly key to the plot.

You could set the film in the summer and the film would essentially be the same. It doesn't particularly matter that it's christmas.

31 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Saw bridge of spies on Saturday. As expected with hanks and Spielberg it was well worth a watch. It was nice to see someone loosely related to villa putting in a good performance!

On the topic of Christmas films, can't beat elf, the Santa clause movies, home alone, and the Sanity Clause.

Fixed.

But you can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause!

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Just now, Designer1 said:

Words cannot describe how much I **** loathe that jingoistic sack of shit Independence Day.

**** that film and all who sail in it.

Yes, whatever, but is it worth watching, Simon? :)

• Like 1

Gremlins (again) last night

Brilliant

Quite graphic for a childrens film! The way Billy's mother despatched the Gremlins via a blender, microwave and a good old fashioned knifing was a joy! 

• Like 1

Â