The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched Tale of Two Sisters again and it never loses any of its appeal.

Jee Woon Kim has a small selection of movies as a director, but what a fantastic selection.

Tale of two Sisters, Quiet Family, Bittersweet Life and I Saw the Devil are all incredible movies.

Recommended viewing.

Been catching up on a few I'd missed

Ant man - 7.5/10 - really enjoyed it but the 'gotg of 2015' quotes were wide of the mark. Love Paul Rudd though which may have helped. Douglas was great too. A lot of fun.

Avengers 2 - 7/10 - not as bad as I'd feared but it felt like it was trying too hard to be cool and casual and the CGI in the opening scene is awful, cap on the bike springs to mind. Loved Ultron though, Spader did a great job. Loved how they fleshed d Hawkeye out too, Rennet deserves to flex his muscles a bit as he is the real star in avengers for me. Sooo ready for the next influx though, stark/Cap/Thor/Hulk etc...are a bit boring now. 

Ex Machina - 9/10 - Utterly Brilliant. Great story, great acting and an ending you have to think about to get it to make sense. Isaacs is just brilliant. Highly recommended.

I've got Maggie & Inherent Vice to watch over the next week.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

watched 'one hour photo' again the other night. weird weird film but robin williams played his part brilliantly. 

He is quite disturbing in that.

Good Will Hunting is my favourite Robin Williams film. Its probably in my top ten of all time

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

He is quite disturbing in that.

Good Will Hunting is my favourite Robin Williams film. Its probably in my top ten of all time

yes very but he was perfect for the role. i must say ive not seen that film.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

yes very but he was perfect for the role. i must say ive not seen that film.

Watch it, you're in for a treat! :)

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone seen that new banking crash film with the big ensemble cast with the likes of Pitt and bale in it?

Saw it was up for a few baftas earlier, I missed that one

UK release is 22 January. Looks interesting.

On 1/5/2016 at 23:00, maqroll said:

The bits of dialogue in Pulp Fiction that were considered funny and quirky, etc. now just seem stale and a bit annoying. 

Mm. I view this as a mark of its' success and importance though. Tongue-in-cheek postmodernism was still new then (in Hollywood at least) - PF spawned a host of less successful imitators. 

I thought it was a cliche ridden disaster really and I was closing to walking out of the screening at my local. A story that does nothing but tread over old ground, unoriginal and very predictable. And the less said about the performances the better, half the cast were remarkably amateurish.

Will be picking myself up with a re-watch of Pride later on.

Edited by Rodders

Â