The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched a very dark, Isreali black comedy/thriller Big Bad Wolves.

big-bad-wolves-poster.jpg

It centres around three men, the father of a murdered girl, the suspect who was released without charge due to police brutality and the cop, sacked for the misdemeanour.

Bizarrely there are some very funny moments, amongst the emotion of the murder of a child.

I would recommend it.

• Like 2

The Revenant...beautiful film and some good performances. Hardy is great although his accent waivers slightly at times, I didn't even realize it was him until 20-30 mins into the film. It's hard going at times and quite brutal but still retains a beautiful but bleak outlook.

Some evidence of the long unedited camera shots that the director seems to love and they work well here and give quite a unique feel.

9/10 for me and definitely need to watch again.

Yeah the American Ring is a doozy. I'm quite surprised Haute Tension/Switchblade Romance hasn't had the US treatment yet, I would have thought it had more potential for a remake than Martyrs.

My own personal favourite in that genre bracket, A l'Interieur (a movie featuring Christmas to boot) is also in production for a remake, but I believe it's a Spanish rather US spin.

Well it's Oscar season and it looks like loads of films have made their way onto the world wide web....

It's the best thing about Xmas [emoji4]

It's the only time I don't feel guilty about it

I go to the cinema a lot, feels like a kick in the balls when come awards season a good chunk of the films get released weeks if not months ahead in the U.S.

Case in point, spotlight, looks a great film and will be nominated for best film at the oscars, released mid November in the states, mid January here

Annoys the **** out of me

Deadpool - there's going to be absolutely tons of stuff left in the cutting room floor, I don't feel like their showing half of the funny stuff in the trailers anymore, think they've filmed a lot of jokes that won't make it, the balance of that film will make or break it

Had a day of kids films.. Madagascar 2 + 3, and cat in the hat (I seem to have recorded a few over Christmas without even remembering, I don't have kids either ). M3 was a bit boring until the end, think they've taken the story as far as possible now.

Finally got around to watching this

220px-King_of_kong.jpg

Utterley compelling and disturbing,

Would love to know the truth about the shonky video submitted by Billy Mitchell (who wanted to appear to be some Zen-like master but came across as a complete prick) as it was all too coincidental and poor quality.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

Â