The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally watched Fury Road. Thought I'd like it...and I did. A good rollicking action flick, a visual feast, and great action sequences. Some dark, weird and disturbing aspects to it, which I liked. A little bit hokey, especially the end, but a very good action movie.

• Like 4

As the nights draw in as quick as me closing my curtains, the smell of mulled spices enrich my cookie cream and mauve living room.  The flicker of my berries scented candles fill the space with a gentle, but pleasing fragrance.  The fire cackles and dances with the slightest breeze down the chimney place, spitting out embers onto the marble surround.  As I peer through the 1970s decorative glass paned door, my wife's slender frame appears, bringing a tray of not-quite top of the range crackers, cheeses and pate.  As she opens the door, a small, yet noticeable rush of cooler air refreshed the warm, stagnant room.  I bring the corner table into the middle of the room, almost spilling a drink as I drag it over the starting point of the rug.

Then we watched Rush.

9.5/10 because one of them is dead now.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

Back to the Future 2. - fantastic

Probably the film of my childhood, Big fan of Stars Wars (although a little before my time but grew up watching the videos), Indiana Jones, ET, Gremlins (Xmas favourite) but BTTF was my favourite as a child and still delights me to this day. Even just seeing clips on the news in the last couple of days makes me smile and can watch the first 2 movies over and over again. Didn't like the third one though. 

• Like 3

Lock,Stock And Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

It has been a good few years since i watched this film and i still enjoy it as much as i did back then.Given the choice i prefer British films and in my opinion this is one of the better ones. 8/10 for me

• Like 1

The Gift 7/10

Solid movie i really enjoyed it

A thriller where you don't know 30 minutes into the film who the bad guy actually is in terms of morals e.t.c recommend it

Edited by AshVilla

completed the BTTF trilogy last night, for the first time in a very long time. Don't get the dislike for number 3, I love it as much as the other ones. I did realise how much of the 2nd film I'd completely forgotten since I saw it last time, it seems all I'd recalled before watching it was introducing the hoverboard, the opening bit in 1955 and the bit at the Dance, everything else felt completely new. Also with fresher eyes it was fun to pick up on all the symmetry in each film - only just realising it was Strickland as the sheriff!

completed the BTTF trilogy last night, for the first time in a very long time. Don't get the dislike for number 3, I love it as much as the other ones. I did realise how much of the 2nd film I'd completely forgotten since I saw it last time, it seems all I'd recalled before watching it was introducing the hoverboard, the opening bit in 1955 and the bit at the Dance, everything else felt completely new. Also with fresher eyes it was fun to pick up on all the symmetry in each film - only just realising it was Strickland as the sheriff!

Edited by Meath_Villan

Spring Breakers.... Odd film. Yes obviously there is a lot of beautiful woman in show (as you'd expect from a film about spring break), and that not a bad thing. But the pace of the film and the actual story is pretty strange.

Edited by mikeyp102

I meant to post about that yesterday but the Sherwood news kinda distracted me. Fantastic insight into that life. Elba was very good but outshone by some of the child actors.

There were two or three tracking shots that absolutely blew me away - the scene when they walk into the town with Elba out front was glorious.

• Like 1

finally got through all the Bonds before see SPECTRE tomorrow. some of the old ones are really crap

in order of best Bond

1. Dalton

2.Craig

3.Lazenby

4.Brosnan

5.Moore

6.Connery

You sir, are insane.

1. Connery.

(big gap)

Craig.

(even bigger gap)