The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched the original Alice in wonderland with the kid ........What kind of **** drugs were these guys on making this film 

For that matter, what was Lewis Carroll on when he wrote the book?

You mean who was he on if you believe the stories.

Macbeth is a very good, if quite traditionally arranged, take on the Scottish Play, that just so happens to be absolutely, staggeringly, jaw droppingly gorgeous in absolutely every frame. Brilliant, brilliant cinematography. It helps that Skye is one of the most achingly beautiful places on Earth, but every shot, even draped in blood and mud and smoke and mist, is arresting and thoughtful. Exceptional stuff.

The Martian is good fun, bit disposable though. Frustrated at limited roles for some of the supporting cast and there was a minimal emotional hook involved, it is all about the science and quirky humour of him attempting to survive for so long.

Still, made me want to read the book.

Edited by Rodders

Started downloading films on Showbox for the morning commute. Went for easy to watch films Vacation and That Awkward Moment. Sue me but I liked both.  I have fond memories of National Lampoons Vacation series so I enjoyed the latest offering. Re TAM - anything that has Miles Teller and Wallace from the Wire is good enough for me. Cliché as it was.

Marvel might have the Fantastic Four rights back... Rumour suggests that they've agreed a deal with Fox to allow Fox to make a couple of XMen TV series in return for the Fantastic Four rights, after the Fox reboot tanked this summer. Which means Marvel would get one of their best villains back together with a bunch of other wider universe stuff.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Marvel might have the Fantastic Four rights back... Rumour suggests that they've agreed a deal with Fox to allow Fox to make a couple of XMen TV series in return for the Fantastic Four rights, after the Fox reboot tanked this summer. Which means Marvel would get one of their best villains back together with a bunch of other wider universe stuff.

Fingers crossed.

Infinity War?

Fingers crossed.

Infinity War?

It wouldn't be a shocker.

Would also go some way to explain why they aannounced 2 new movies out of the blue the other day for 2020.

People actually want the Fantastic Four rights?

Marvel want all their rights back. The reason why they'd particularly want the F4 rights is they gave away loads of associated rights with them, which means they can't use whole swathes of their established canon. They can't use 2 of their biggest villains, they can't use a whole race of aliens that have been in loads of plotlines, etc etc. The actual F4 isn't what will interest most people, though Marvel will take some pride in getting their 'first family' back and they'll use them. They don't add much to the current roster as it stands, but having Dr Doom back does. And post Infinity War they might be a bigger deal.

• Like 2

People actually want the Fantastic Four rights?

Marvel want all their rights back. The reason why they'd particularly want the F4 rights is they gave away loads of associated rights with them, which means they can't use whole swathes of their established canon. They can't use 2 of their biggest villains, they can't use a whole race of aliens that have been in loads of plotlines, etc etc. The actual F4 isn't what will interest most people, though Marvel will take some pride in getting their 'first family' back and they'll use them. They don't add much to the current roster as it stands, but having Dr Doom back does. And post Infinity War they might be a bigger deal.

FF are an odd one for me.

They're seen as somewhat of a 'red headed step child' by many Marvel fanatics but i've always been a fan of them. I certainly think there's the scope for a decent movie in there and I had high hopes (given the director and the cast) for the latest incarnation but my lord was it dismal.

Â