The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

the-final-girls-112762-poster-xlarge-res

Really enjoyable.

In a nutshell, a cross between Friday 13th and the concept of The Last Action Hero. It has a real charm to it, with some great visual touches and it's also tonnes of fun.

Recommended :thumb:

American Sniper - generally good. I did struggle to understand what he was saying at times due to the Texas drawl. Not sure if its my ears getting shit but I've noticed the sound quality in terms of dialogue in some films is awful. Too much background noise going on. However, that being said, liked the movie. 7/10

Superbad - just really funny. 8/10

Watched Selma on Friday. very good, great performances from numerous people, but Oyelowo especially.

Last night, as it was Halloween, I wanted to watch a Horror. So I googled "Best horror films on netflix". As I'd seen the number 1 suggestion (Babadook) I went for number 2 "The Guest".

I'm not sure it really counts as a horror film. Except for the fact that the final act is set at halloween, I think it's a very tenuous link to call it a horror film.

That being said, it was very enjoyable. A bit brainless, doesn't take much concentration, but a very decent watch.

The Guest is fine until...

Hidden Content

Yeah, but I guess it had to do that otherwise the police would just turn up, kill him, and that would be that.

There was absolutely no need for him to end up alive right at the end though. That was a bit TOO silly

Edited by Stevo985

American Sniper - generally good. I did struggle to understand what he was saying at times due to the Texas drawl. Not sure if its my ears getting shit but I've noticed the sound quality in terms of dialogue in some films is awful. Too much background noise going on. However, that being said, liked the movie. 7/10

Superbad - just really funny. 8/10

Did you watch iron Sky? If so their sound mixing is getting worse speech is really quite yet explosions pierce my eardrums.

Absolutely loved What We Do In The Shadows. Reevaluating my relationship after my girlfriend said it was one of the worst films she'd ever seen...

Funnily enough I watched that yesterday too.

Gets a "meh" from me. Some funny moments. Nothing hilarious.
Might rewatch with company and see if it improves on a second watch

Watched 'Goodkill' last night - quite a thought-provoking film about drone pilots, fighting the war in Afghanistan whilst sat in a cubicle outside Las Vegas before heading home for the night.

Ethan Hawke was very good (although resembled a worn out Kevin Bacon in it!) as was Lenny Kravitz's daughter.

Worth checking out

Â