The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

braveheart is a strange one, its an enjoyable film and an absolutely terrible one at the same time, its also probably the most historically inaccurate film ever made

<insert Stewart Lee's Braveheart routine here>

• Like 2

Watching 'Hard Eight' and I'm not feeling it at all. A shit Winston Woolfe wandering around the emptiest (supposedly) bustling city in Nevada. Did they film the entire thing at 4am on a Sunday or something? 

Edited by The_Rev

Watched The History of Everything last night. Decent enough, and thought Eddie Vedder (or whatever he's called) was obviously excellent. Was more of a love story, than about Hawking and his genius though, which was a little dull.

Watched The Theory of Everything expecting to really enjoy it but it was just dull for me. Redmayne was good but it stank of Oscar bait to me, I really don't like films that appear to be made solely to do well at awards shows.

There are only three films that are meant to spoken of today! Great Scott!!!

Two things I didn't realise about BTTF, untill recently.

Huey Lewis plays the high school dance, band judge, who proclaimed Marty's band to be, "Just too darn loud."

Also, when George says, "Oh that Biff, what a Character. Always up to something." He fails to remember that he was trying to rape his future wife at the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance. Pretty dark stuff, when you think about it.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

It's rather sweet that the second film presents us with a world in 2015 where flying cars and hover boards are common place and yet we're also heavily reliant on fax machines. 

Or at least the McFly's are anyway.

• Like 2

I've heard 'Power of Love' twice on the radio today, stuck in my head all day! God bless Back to the Future day. 

Got a slap from a hottie in the queue at the supermarket though, when I told her she didn't need a credit card to ride this train. 

• Like 4

A lot better (IMO) than the reviews stated. Found footage time travel film. 

Project_Almanac_poster.jpg

Enjoyed Project Almanac a lot, in spite of the major plot hole.

Project_Almanac_poster.jpg

Enjoyed Project Almanac a lot, in spite of the major plot hole.

just watched on vts recommendation.....twas decent 5/10 

Anyway, this one is in my all time top 50. Poorly marketed when it came out, I think it kind of missed its target audience somewhat. 

But it's a great, film, funny and subversive

th?&id=OIP.Md0715295dca1bdfa45ce4fe4ac5a

Two things I didn't realise about BTTF, untill recently.

Huey Lewis plays the high school dance, band judge, who proclaimed Marty's band to be, "Just too darn loud."

Also, when George says, "Oh that Biff, what a Character. Always up to something." He fails to remember that he was trying to rape his future wife at the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance. Pretty dark stuff, when you think about it.

The whole fact that they employ Biff after that incident is a bit strange. I guess it's to show it as a turning point where George became the dominant one of the two men.

My main issue with the films (excluding the awful third one) is the whole second film shouldn't really happen. There's a big plot hole.

But for a film about time travel I think it's probably reading a bit too much into it :D

Edited by Stevo985

Watching 'Hard Eight' and I'm not feeling it at all. A shit Winston Woolfe wandering around the emptiest (supposedly) bustling city in Nevada. Did they film the entire thing at 4am on a Sunday or something? 

It's not the greatest movie, but I love the ending. One of the few recent movies where I was genuinely surprised by the plot.

Edited by jon_c

It's rather sweet that the second film presents us with a world in 2015 where flying cars and hover boards are common place and yet we're also heavily reliant on fax machines. 

Too bad the Cubs were swept last night.

Edited by AVTuco

Not at all. As a Mets fan I loved every minute of it :) 

:D

wW2zedn.jpg

• Like 3

:D

wW2zedn.jpg

You Sir, have won the internet 

Â