The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 minute ago, Jon said:

But he's the spitting image of Scheider? Maybe Robert Shaw's missus was playing away .... 🤣

ha… well one of them was the spitting image of their dad  and  I’ve just officially turned into my parents and now get  easily confused 

• Haha 1

On 18/06/2023 at 21:54, Demitri_C said:

Just watched the flash

Wow wow wow!!

Absolutely brilliant film. I loved it. One of the best DC ones in a while

Reveal hidden contents

Pribably the closest 90s batmans ive seen. Loved the george Clooney twist that unexpected i was just expecting michael keaton again

Saw it Saturday and loved it. Felt like they took Tim Burton's Batman and made it now. Kevin Smith hit it right when he said it has Richard Donner vibes.

image.jpeg.56975b07c6056c78eb0b3e3bdd00a4f1.jpeg

action, action and more action 

if you like action, this is your action film of the year

The 20 odd minute action sequence after about half an hour, is worth watching the film purely for that. Done in one take apparently as well.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/06/2023 at 20:00, Follyfoot said:

The 20 odd minute action sequence after about half an hour, is worth watching the film purely for that. Done in one take apparently as well.

I'm watching it now and it's not for me.  It doesn't help that I got Extraction mixed up with the film he did about the horses in Afghanistan so was a bit confused to start with.

On 21/06/2023 at 20:00, Follyfoot said:

Tbh I might give it a go I’m just worried there won’t be enough action for me 

• Haha 3

Thought I would watch David Brent: Life on the Road, again. I found it much funnier second time around, maybe I had less expectations. Amongst all the excruciating humour, Gervais is still able to convey that gentle pathos which makes Brent such a fascinating character. 

• Like 1

Listening to Stevo the Jackass character. I'm not really a fan of the show, but always found him to be the funniest of all the characters. 

Really interesting quote he made about being 15yrs of sobriety, " of all the diseases, alcoholism is probably the only one that makes you a better person when cured, than you were before you became an alcoholic ".

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Listening to Stevo the Jackass character. I'm not really a fan of the show, but always found him to be the funniest of all the characters. 

Really interesting quote he made about being 15yrs of sobriety, " of all the diseases, alcoholism is probably the only one that makes you a better person when cured, than you were before you became an alcoholic ".

I quite like him, I have watched??? his podcast a lot and he comes across as a reasonable guy, lots of stories to tell and is making some good choices.

• Like 1

It was so sad to hear of the passing of Treat Williams. Anyone remember his character Critical Bill from the film, Thingd to do in Denver when you're dead? "You best take that baseline out your voice boy." Totally underrated film, imo. As good as Walken was in it, I honestly think Williams stole the show.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

New Lois and Kal-El.

Never knowingly seen a thing with either of them, but of the front runners rumoured a couple of weeks ago these were the ones I'd have picked. He needs to bulk up severely though, the modern Superman look is comically (boomboom) built with the massive exaggerated v shape body. 

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

New Lois and Kal-El.

Never knowingly seen a thing with either of them, but of the front runners rumoured a couple of weeks ago these were the ones I'd have picked. He needs to bulk up severely though, the modern Superman look is comically (boomboom) built with the massive exaggerated v shape body. 

Rachel Brosnahan is fantastic in Mrs Maisel (bloody gorgeous too) and Corenswet I know from Pearl and We Own This City where he was good from memory.

Good casting imo.

• Like 3

The Father, with Anthony Hopkins, on Netflix.

Had completely missed that he’d won best actor Oscar for this. Didn’t really know what to expect.

It‘s the best portrayal of dementia I’ve seen. Incredible film. Very heavy going and sad, but also very funny.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Both The Pope's Exorcist and The Artifice Girl were OK 6-6.5/10 flicks.

I thought the Popes exorcist was an 8/10. The extra points come from it being a true story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was so sad to hear of the passing of Treat Williams. Anyone remember his character Critical Bill from the film, Thingd to do in Denver when you're dead? "You best take that baseline out your voice boy." Totally underrated film, imo. As good as Walken was in it, I honestly think Williams stole the show.

Yes! I used to love that film, although I've not seen it in ages.

Critical 'keeps my powder dry' Bill.

Andy Garcia in that film is one of the coolest humans in history.

I still use the term 'boat drinks' in conversation from time to time, despite living 200 miles from the sea.

Â