Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I’m staggered that some on here are ok with this? Yes, we’ve had a brilliant season, yes we’re qualified for the Champions League but this is a humiliating defeat. An absolute mauling. Not good enough and the starting eleven should have been better today. Could be 10-0 FFS.

It’s a dead rubber match. Why care?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I don't care if this game means nothing, in no universe should we be getting trounced by Crystal Palace

And if we had Kamara, Tielemans, Martinez, Pau, Rogers, Moreno, Ramsey, Buendia and Mings all available the performance might be slightly better.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Maybe we can have a vote or a poll set-up for this?

Yes something we need to address next season.  

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's not that pathetic, we're playing bloody Calum Chambers in midfield in 2024. Who cares honestly I'm baffled. 

And luiz.

Been missing since Jan

• Haha 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I’m staggered that some on here are ok with this? Yes, we’ve had a brilliant season, yes we’re qualified for the Champions League but this is a humiliating defeat. An absolute mauling. Not good enough and the starting eleven should have been better today. Could be 10-0 FFS.

It's really not that humiliating unless you let it. We've had our greatest season in years. We remember this not a final game of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I’d hope no one is happy being smashed 5-0

Sadly quite a few are happy because the lads have played 50 plus games, we qualified for the CL so the lads deserved a day off...

Honestly. It's comments like that I wish there was a WTF reaction 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

People giving it the "no big deal, we don't care, UCL yayyy" treatment today, but there is no way in hell Unai is happy watching this.

It's also possible to take it seriously, but not too seriously.

(It's football.)

How many first teamer's are we missing today?

Martinez, Moreno, Pau, Kamara, Bailey, Tielemans?

so 55% of the players who would actually start.

maybe more if you include Mings and Buendia.

i kind of knew we'd lose, but didn't expect a tonking. 

I know it means nothing but its still a bit of a disappointment. 

• Like 1

I can't watch the game today but it says everything that I check the score with 10 minutes to go see it's 5-0 and just have a little chuckle. 

Hope the boys had a good week 🤣

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Probably because his PL career is at risk here.

He's been shafted by the defence in front of him on more than one occasion this season, and yet it's his reputation that mainly takes the beating. I'd be angry too, tbh.

Agree 👍 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s a dead rubber match. Why care?

Why not? I’d rather not see us get smashed! Personal pride and all that, they should care as fans have paid good money to go and watch them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I can understand the frustrations of people who think this is such an inconsequential game no performance is bad enough to care - but if you feel like that, why bother watching or arguing?

I don't care if we've just won a quadruple, I wouldn't be relaxed about us being 5 down in a competitive game.

I’m not happy about the scoreline.

I’m just not going to fret about next season because of this game (or the general patchy form at the end of the season).

• Like 1