Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

We've made plenty of chances, make 5 or 6 chances for Watkins and he'll get his 20th.

We barely created anything against Brighton and despite having loads of shots today how many were actually decent chances?

Swedish commentators are tearing Villa a new one.

"Haven't won in 40 years, Emery likely furious, have to show more than this over two games, this is a Premier League team..."

Oof

Just now, Leeroy said:

You do know if we finish 4th we will be playing just as many games next season (if we go far in the CL) potentially against better European sides?

Good thing there is a transfer window between now and then. 

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Too much bumming for my preference, but I say that without prejudice.

I believe we went on very different holidays… 

It's been a brilliant run, we'll be better for the experience and perhaps when we come up against an organised, sit-and-hit team like these next season we'll have picked up enough game intelligence to give us a different outcome.

• Like 2

Just now, Raymond said:

We've had a long season that injuries have compounded, and you can tell we are dead on our feet. 

I am not going to lose my mind too much about this, but it does feel like a massive missed opportunity. 

I don't think it is, we only just scrapped into the competition in the first place last season. Emery worked wonders to qualify for Europe. This has been the best experience a squad can have, go deep into a competition, and taste defeat when you know you can do better. This will make us much stronger.

I can’t understand how this is the same set of players who kicked Arsenal off the pitch just a few weeks ago. 

Are we sure that’s Doug Luiz? He layering more like Bacuna in a mask! 

Just now, Tayls said:

But surely we want to try and end this ASAP. Can’t risk needing a win on the final day if Spurs win next two? 

more likely to get a result against palace than Liverpool, especially after a rest.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

We barely created anything against Brighton and despite having loads of shots today how many were actually decent chances?

The one shot from Leon, that's about it

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Top 4, bringing us more European disappointments.

Only us Villa fans could put a negative spin on us getting top 4 😂 just enjoy it mate, it’s what the club needs. You never know they may surprise us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

We will all be Fiorentina fans on Wednesday 29 May.

Nah don’t be sour. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Top 4, bringing us more European disappointments.

Do you think it will be the same next season and why?

55 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

As usual. But every teams' fans think there's a conspiracy against them

Yeah but we’re right and the rest of them are just paranoid idiots! 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This competition run is best forgotten. Take from it what we can and put it behind us. On the brink of top 4 which is amazing. 

Why?? I’ve really enjoyed watching these Thursday night games. We’ve had some great wins and great performances.