Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I said before the game that Chelsea is a highly unpredictable team.

In terms of xG they are a top 4 team. They create so many chances most games.

Reason they are mid table is because some games they just decide not turning up 

Unfortunately this was one of those times they were at it.

Result dont surprise me. Chelsea are a random team knew that before the game.

• Like 1

Struggled against a heavy press.

Some circumstances made it difficult, losing Youri early forcing a change and Diaby didn't find a way in to the game. Losing Martinez unsettled defence as there just isn't the same understanding. Digne being run into the ground with Moreno injured.

Rogers disappeared 2nd half, Watkins had very little supply but didn't take the chance when it came.

Problem is there was noone on the bench to affect where we needed in the centre of park to win the 2nd balls.

If Arsenal do the business tomorrow, and then Chelsea do us a favour midweek, this'll look like a vv good point. 

Edited by switters
Typo
  • Like 3

Like many others on here I am relieved to get a point. Chavski 72% possession with 21 attempts at goal. We were bossed out of most of the game. 

Just hope arsenal don't fanny about tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Be fair…. That was shite. Any game where we are subbing subs is a good indicator of how we were playing. 

No doubt it was diabolical but I’ve seen worse. At least we reeled it back in to secure a point.

Just now, KAZZAM said:

United, Newcastle, Chelsea

All seem to do well agsint us. Defo a pattern there as they are all the teams outside of the top 5.

Unai needs to look at that. 

Energy. Those teams have explosive players and an explosive playing style. If their levels drop a bit, we often take the lead, but when they hit their proper levels, we get blown away. 

We need better energy from our players. Expect they are playing at their limit, which is understandable, but if we want to beat the best we have to give even more.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Wasn't a good game by us by any standard, especially the 2nd half. But tbf we got 2 big injuries in the first half and needed to change the way we play. Compare this to how the Newcastle game at the start of the season went and it's a win. Might turn out to be an mportant point even thou we dropped 2.

Also:

VAR YARN | War. It's fantastic! | Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993) Comedy | Video  gifs by quotes | 0f925a28 | 紗 

Var saved us twice tonight so not sure what your point is 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Soft? :D  **** hell.

I thought it was a foul initially but when I looked at the replay it was very, very soft.

We got so lucky.

• Haha 1

What has frustrated me the most tonight is when we did get on the front foot and have a go at them, they looked scared. 

But we played 20 yards too deep tonight, we didn't compete well at all and we've got away with a point from a shyte performance. 

Just now, Pinebro said:

I said before the game that Chelsea is a highly unpredictable team.

In terms of xG they are a top 4 team. They create so many chances most games.

Reason they are mid table is because some games they just decide not turning up 

Unfortunately this was one of those times they were at it.

Result dont surprise me. Chelsea are a random team knew that before the game.

They've been the better side against us on 3 occasions this season and the other (our win at Stamford Bridge) was a close game from what I remember.

They just can't finish.  Even tonight, they should've scored more (it did also help that they kept shooting from 25 yards, even if Gallagher scored from that range).

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Should have been prevented long before that. Why not close the space?

Gallagher couldn’t believe how much time he had so thought it would be rude not to have a shot.

Edited by Genie

Poor performance today and lucky to get a point however Chelsea (the Arsenal thrashing aside) have been playing well so not a surprise we didn't win.

Really need Emi and Youri back ASAP so hopefully they are not serious injuries.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'll still get 4th but we need to beat Palace now unfortunately it goes to last game of the season. 

Literally not true, but wouldn’t expect anything less from you

• Like 1

Â