Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/24 at 22:59

Got a point we didn't deserve. 

These players cannot sit back and wait for the end. It's a losing strategy. Unai should know that by now.

Why were we so negative today? At home with a full strength squad. Why Unai?

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Very similar to the Man Utd game earlier in the season. We didn’t deserve to be 2-0 up and collapsed in the same way. 

Poor all round tonight. A point is a good result on paper but we were lucky 

Exactly this. 

Chelsea enjoy playing us. If we'd hsve won and Watkins shouid have scored it would have been a steal  Luiz again found wanting. Seemed like Mcginn was on his own in midfield. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

Just now, jim said:

Olsen didn’t do much wrong and a great save to deny Palmer.

Olsen makes great saves. But we just look totally different when Emi is not playing. 

Absolutely second best for most of the match. Much like the cup game, we just couldn't get hold of the ball in midfield and had no answer to Caicedo and Gallagher. Still, two moments of decisiveness get us a point and although that feels like a bad result and a very bad performance, in reality we're in a reasonable position, as long as Arsenal do us a favour tomorrow. Hopefully Chelsea show that same determination and spirit in midweek as well, when I will be supporting them wholeheartedly. 

Hopefully Martinez and Tielemans are not too badly injured, as we're much worse without both. Luiz's form has become a major concern, but on the bright side, Rogers was our best player again. 

• Like 2

I dunno how we can be 2 - 0 up at half time then come full time I'm happy with a point. Awful second half, we didn't bother playing again until they equalised, as long as spurs don't win tomorrow it's not the end of the world. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think he did reasonably well tbh, he's not at fault for either of the goals, and yeah he's a drop off from one of literally the world's best goalkeepers, but for a backup, he did well, and made some good saves.

Luiz and Tim let us down, not Olsen.

Yeah tbf he had some good saves, but we always look shakier when he is playing imo.

• Like 1

Know what we were trying to do, but minus Youri then Emi plus Doug playing awfully meant we had no control even in a defensive stance. Seemed like everyone's first touch was non-existent, too.

I feel so conflicted in many ways.

We didn't deserve anything from the game...
...but it feels disappointing to throw away a 2-0 lead...
...and yet somehow rewarding that we actually got a point.

• Like 3

Just glad I don't have to listen to that commentary anymore.

Will take the point- too many players off it today. Hope injuries are not too bad, but fear for Tielemans

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Tielemans injury affected us.

We were playing poorly before he came off to be fair. Chelsea dominated and I was disappointed with how Unai set us up tonight.

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He really commands no confidence at all. We need Emi.

Oh yeah, he’s shit. I don’t really want to blame him because it was Carlos’ mistake and Olsen’s great save, but with with Emi in net the easy pass just goes back to him, so in a roundabout way, as harsh as it may be in this case, it’s Olsen’s fault for being shit before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The good news is that Chelsea also have to play Spurs. Let’s hope this Chelsea turn up and not the one that played Arsenal the other day.

Possibly a silver lining… if they start performing now, they may well win that game… which helps us out.

5 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I don't think we lose with Emi on the pitch.

That said we were lucky not to end that with a loss.

Take the point and move on. One more point for Spurs to get.

How is that? Our defense broke down, not Olsen.

Just now, bobzy said:

I feel so conflicted in many ways.

We didn't deserve anything from the game...
...but it feels disappointing to throw away a 2-0 lead...
...and yet somehow rewarding that we actually got a point.

We had two really good chances to score in the second half too. Very baffling performance. 

Â