Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/24 at 22:59

I suspect summer recruitment will have mentality as a key factor

Just like Brentford, we go 2 up and the players put their feet up thinking of the european game later in the week

We've got too many who are very good players, great when their on it, but when they get the pressure on them they go invisible. And i include the captain in that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I don't think we lose with Emi on the pitch.

That said we were lucky not to end that with a loss.

Take the point and move on. One more point for Spurs to get.

This. We are different caliber team with Emi. It's not because Olsen would be making mistakes. We just are different team with and without Emi. 

Crap performance all round. Couldn’t keep the ball. When we played it we cut through them but not often enough. Point closer in the end… just about! 

Hopefully we’re better Thursday and Tielemans and Martinez are back soon. 

Teams that press us like that always get so much joy. Funny Poch actually watched the push in the back and thought it was an outrage it was turned over.

Ill take that point all day tbh. Losing Tielemans and Martinez remember, we were okay first half and still created a few chances but we look tired as expected chasing shadows all night.

Win for Arsenal and its a good point. 

Not paid much attention to Chelsea this season. 

Until tonight. 

Bunch of petulent, diving cheats. 

Ref totally bottled that 2nd half, they got every cheap free kick going. 

We were poor tonight, game plan worked a treat for 45mins then our usual implosion at 2-0 up. 

As for Madueke, I would pay good money to see someone batter him. Does he think he's in a gang or something? Absolute loser. 

• Like 2

There’s a lot of naivety in the team - and senior players either go missing or fragile under pressure. Unai will fix it. But it won’t be overnight. 

That was absolutely terrible. However, it looked a tired performance and this team has more than enough credit in the bank to have one of those. Need to pick ourselves up for Thursday - win the next two and all will look very good. 7 points from 9 is some going with the schedule we’ve had. 

Showed them far, far, faarrrr too much respect. We let them come onto us and play for the entire game, got exactly what we deserved. 

Was a bit worried by it first half but thought surely it won’t be the same. It was dreadful. 

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

I'm embarrassed by that 2nd half display.

If you're embarrassed by anything this season, You've not paid much attention much in the 20 years since you made your account here have you?

• Like 3

Â