Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Got a point we didn't deserve. 

These players cannot sit back and wait for the end. It's a losing strategy. Unai should know that by now.

Why were we so negative today? At home with a full strength squad. Why Unai?

Must be a factor, not to mention the injuries and suspension. Squad is pretty much down to the barebones… we don’t have the array of options many teams do either.

• Thanks 1

Not sure why we do the sit back thingy after scoring, never works. We are an attacking team, the opposition always find it harder to get by when we are passing it about attacking. Defending it not one of our best tactics, an we seem to always fall foul of it.

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Poch being a baby. Not sure how he doesn’t understand it’s a foul?

He’s masking his shortcomings. It was a blatant foul. You can’t pull someone’s arm or shove them in the back. 

Just looked at that stats: **** me we were shocking.

How Chelsea haven’t won I really don’t know, they’ll be kicking themselves. One of our worst performances of the season against a team who got twatted by Arsenal 4 days ago.

Unai needs to learn how to play against these high press teams, because he clearly screwed up tonight in whatever he was trying to do.

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Nah. Finish was excellent.

And screened.  If you look up and can't see the goalkeeper, then he can't see you.  So shoot.

Said in the post match thread I'd be happy with a point.

After that second half performance I'm absolutely delighted.

Complete bottle jobs again with a two goal lead.

You simply cannot disappear against quality opposition and hope to win. Villa have still not learned the lesson from Man United and Brentford.

Will state again Villa were playing so much better without Luiz. He was awful and upsets Villa's rhythm going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

As much as everyone thinks we’ve bottled it. It feels different to the other times because we didn’t deserve to be 2-0 up in the first place. It wasn’t like Brentford where we played well and had a mad 9 minutes. We were rubbish for 90 but fortunately managed to get a couple of goals. I feel relieved we got the draw tbh.

What annoys me is that we don’t seem to have the ability to cope with these physical pressing teams, we don’t learn or adapt. 

Physical, pressing teams is one thing…

Yanking at our players shirts and pulling them to the ground and the ref being completely oblivious to it is something else entirely 

We're decimated by injuries so I'm happy to get a point against a highly unpredictable team. They were never going to be as bad as they were against Arsenal. 

I hope the Chelsea of tonight turn up against Spurs! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Honestly, I now fully understand why Tim is likely to be sold.

I've been wanting him to get minutes since he was back, but yeah, it was poor, and I suspect he'll be gone in the summer if we can find a buyer. Came on, gave away a bunch of unnecessary fouls, hid from the shot.

More pissed off at Luiz for forcing his own substitution though, absolutely brainless at times.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Now Joe Cole is arguing that it should’ve stood after what he agrees was a foul because it “took away a nice moment”. You absolute **** trumpet.

Hoddle actually speaking sense 

• Like 1

Â