Pre-match thread - Cup Final 5 of 10

ender4

Hate this game. Live 5 mins from Arsenal and their fans are a massive headache, let alone when this fixture comes around. Safe to say I have zero confidence and will take a narrow single goal loss to not have the GD dented. 

My phone will also be off for most of today!

48 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I wouldn’t mind him starting Duran and Diaby, resting Watkins and Bailey. Give Lenglet and Cash some minutes if they are fit so Cash can be ready to start at RB for either Lille or Bournemouth. 

After yesterday’s results, I had a sneaky bit of optimism about this game but now back to thinking pragmatically. Today won’t define our season but Thursdays might, that’s the priority.

I hope Emery picks his best team today. Arsenal might be considering the same.  There's an opportunity to get a result here.. 

Emi

Konsa  Carlos  Pau Digne

Bailey Tielemans McGinn  Rogers

Diaby

Watkins

That’s how I’d start at least, and see if we can rattle them and get a goal early. 

Villa look tired and fearful at the moment. So shaky against Brentford and just rather lacklustre against Lille.

If they are not with it today I also fear a heavy defeat.

Olsen

Kaine Konsa Lenglet Digne

Tielemans Tim  McGinn Rogers

Diaby

Duran 

Big opportunity today if we're switched on and want it. Problem is dont trust the defence switch off concede silly goals habit that keeps happening. Has to start with Tim no reason to played against city.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tinker said:

Olsen

Kaine Konsa Lenglet Digne

Tielemans Tim  McGinn Rogers

Diaby

Duran 

2 for twenty mate?.. :D 

bald-dance.gif

We’ve only kept two clean sheets in the last ten league games . I doubt we will manage it today.

• Like 1

can not feel any confidence about this game whatsoever.

I think our midfield will be over run and we will most definitely be on the back foot for most of the game.

I'm not going to watch this one. Going to the pub to sink a few beers with my mate who is sadly a spuds fan, which will be strange as he'll want us to do well....

I'd go:

-----------------------------Martinez---------------------------------

KKH------Konsa--------Carlos-------Torres--------Digne

------------------Iroegbunam-----McGinn---------------------

------------------------------Tielemans-----------------------------

-------Bailey-----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------Watkins--------------------------------

Iroegbunam and McGinn holding and blocking the space that Odegaard works in, Tielemans pushing onto Rice, KKH funnelling Martinelli to Konsa and Digne and Moreno taking one half each to get a booking from kicking Saka - when we're on the ball I'd ask Tielemans to drift left and KKH to push on and create overloads on their left hand side with Bailey.

And that's why you should be glad that Unai is in charge and not me.

• Like 2

Need to keep it tight and frustrate them for as long as possible. If we can keep it level for an hour the Emirates will get edgy.

Edited by villan95

Don't  really think I even wanna watch this one.

Can see it now, Arsenal convincing win, Arteta celebrating like he's just about to pick up the trophy, an media talking like they have just beat the old skool Barcelona team.

I saw Isak say post-match that Howe had tweaked thing s so they went man to man out of possession to stifle Spurs's pace. I wonder if we'll do similar at the Emirates?