Pre-match thread - Cup Final 5 of 10

ender4

On 01/04/2024 at 20:44, ender4 said:

Another free hit where we aren’t expected to get anything. But our record this season in London is pretty good. So let see what happens. 

Don’t think we can afford a free hit . We must go there expecting to come away with something. I hope one day we get that winning mentality at the club . 

2057968733.jpg?width=1400&height=800

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Tim Wood, Mark Scholes.
Fourth official: Paul Tierney.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

We've had Coote 3 times this season. The 4-1 victory home to West Ham, 2-1 victory at Brentford and the 0-0 draw at Goodison. He doesn't rate that highly amongst the VillaTalk massive. We liked his performance against West Ham giving it 72% and ranking it the 4th best overall referee performance this season. But we have him at 46% in 23rd place for the Brentford game and 33% and 30th place out of 32 for the Everton game. So, more of the West Ham performance please David. Unless he just has a home team bias ...

In Emery's early games, I recall us deploying a 6-2-2 low block formation.  I'd like to see that deployed here, frustrate Arsenal and get a draw or nick a win.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Didnt realise Arse do this handball thing at goal kicks so much. 

Hope the players are on it and are having words with the ref! 

But who will take the penalty? 

None of these are the same as the Bayern game. These aren't penalties.

The Bayern one was (technically speaking)

Edited by Stevo985

I know it's not that important in the scheme of things, but I do find this recent VT trend of having two match threads running at the same time a bitt odd.

So much can happen on tonight's game against Lille that could make practically anything said above totally irrelevant. 

Should we start a Bournemouth thread now too.

Or better still, just one match thread at time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I know it's not that important in the scheme of things, but I do find this recent VT trend of having two match threads running at the same time a bitt odd.

So much can happen on tonight's game against Lille that could make practically anything said above totally irrelevant. 

There's already a Bournemouth one

13 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I dare someone to start a Bournemouth thread

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dare someone to start a Bournemouth thread

Apparently, according to @Stevo985 there already is one. 

I'll start the Chelsea pre match thread in that case.

Madness. So, so much can change during matches that having pre match threads about games before we have played other games makes no sense at all.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Really interesting what team he puts out given the results across Europe. We seem to be running out of steam given all injuries so finishing ahead of Spurs seems quite unlikely. We need Arsenal to beat Bayern and we need to be fresh for Lille..

13 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Really interesting what team he puts out given the results across Europe. We seem to be running out of steam given all injuries so finishing ahead of Spurs seems quite unlikely. We need Arsenal to beat Bayern and we need to be fresh for Lille..

I don't think we'll get anything on Sunday, but Spurs have a horrendous run coming up. It's all very much to pay for. 

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

A pre match thread? Really? That's mental.

Yeah. Not sure why it’s mental, people might want to talk about that game even if it’s not the next one

• Like 2