• Cash (Torres 45)
    • McGinn (Diaby 63)
    • Bailey (Rogers 63)
    • Zaniolo (Iroegbunam 74)
    • Moreno (Digne 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 23:59

Just now, Pinebro said:

Friendly reminder to anyone thinking European referees are any better.

You'd think a dude from Albania should have his shit together. 

We made about 15 changes to the starting 11, and it showed. We were poor. We were lucky to get out of there 0-0.

Officiating some of the worst I can remember. Zaniolo's booking for brushing off someone, but OIlie gets an elbow to the face and there's nothing. Konsa booked twice in very dubious circumstances. Some mad challenges in the first half let play on. Whatever Amsterdam call their MI5 win MOTM today as they clearly snuck some sort of secret service agent into the ref's dressing room..

• Shocked 1

Good result I guess in the grand scheme of things but pretty poor performance really overall.

I don’t know if it was an intentional tactic, I think it probably was but we very much looked like we were playing for a 0-0, very little urgency to go forward, when we did try the passing was scrappy and we often either lost the ball or were under a lot of pressure due to poor first touches.

All worthwhile if we win the second leg I guess.

Voted Emi MOTM, for the one save.

McGinn not listed, but he did ok.

Ref truly abysmal.

Fringe players didn't take their chances, becoming a recurring theme.

Job half done, but it was poor let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

Struggled to give anyone MOTM, Martinez gets it for a save but his distribution was horrific. They were all terrible. We weren't up for this game at all and are fortunate to still be level. We offered nothing. So frustrating when this is supposed to be the glamour games we crave and we played it like a friendly vs a lower league team. Ref was beying incompetent for both sides.

Let's just walk away and never talk of this again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

A confusing performance. We were poor, and I'd have excused it on us being in second gear, but then we subbed on the likes of Bailey and McGinn, and we weren't much better. a 0-0 to take back to VP is a decent result, but we really didn't turn up. Worst of both worlds really, we didn't get the result, and we didn't really give people the night off.

The ref made me look like a proper word removed,

I’d say a few still had a rest.

• Haha 1

Â