• Cash (Torres 45)
    • McGinn (Diaby 63)
    • Bailey (Rogers 63)
    • Zaniolo (Iroegbunam 74)
    • Moreno (Digne 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 23:59

It looks very much like the game plan was always go and get out with a draw. Not pretty but job done. If we progress nobody will care.

Not a great performance but 0-0 is perfectly fine really. We didn't do anything of note and yet I can't say I was ever worried about Ajax as they were equally as average. 

We should definitely be beating them at Villa Park next week. 

I thought we were very poor tonight. The ref an absolute disgrace. Hopefully Pau going off at half time was always the plan! Bit of rotation to keep us fresh for Sunday. 

Well, we now know why Tim sits on the bench. Tielmans was just as bad and Douglas wasn't much better. I thought Zanilolo looked lively when he came on. Just a shame that the game generated into a lottery, due to the referee. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wurzel said:

Ajax doing a lap of honour! LOL, what a bunch of dicks.

They have been really poor this season and the crowd still showed up and made a great noise. They had to thank them. 

• Like 1

Only thing worse than our performance was the ref. I’ve never seen a ref guess literally everything. A throw in that was about a metre away from touching Watkins. A corner that was half a ball in. A yellow for Zaniolo for not even a foul. A red for Konsa for being fouled twice. 

Madness 

I think this is the first time I've ever rated a referee as very poor which is a reflection of jus how bad this ref was bearing in mind some of the shit refereeing we see week in week out. He was totally out of his depth. 

Terrible and dull performance. McGinn only one who looked bothered. Watkins not given a chance.

Special mention to the ref. The worst I've ever seen since Chelsea v Barcelona. Absolute melt who looked a competition winner.

0-0 flattered us tbh and once again fringe players given a chance and not taking it. So frustrating as they should be up for it.

Every week we complain about how rubbish the referees are in the UK and that they favour the big sides. 

But i've never seen a more incompetent refereeing performance in my entire life. He wasn't biased, just blatantly incorrect for an unbelievable amount of decisions. It was like watching the referee from Balls of Steel... 

• Like 2

Ajax set out to make the game difficult and I'll give them credit for their set up in possession and out of possession. Smart to funnel us out wide and not allow passes in between the lines but to also pounce on our players with this shit ref.

In possession, they largely just tried to play keep away and launch long balls.

The downgrade from JJ to Rogers is huge as JJ can really drive centrally and twist the defense whereas Rogers was just a pace too slow each time.

Diaby had plenty of chances but really can't beat his marker like Bailey can.

Comfortable we didn't let in an easy goal when we could have and all to play for next Thursday.

• Like 1

It was an awful game to watch.

Worst refereeing I’ve seen in a loooooong time.

But, bright side - clean sheet away in Ajax in a European cup while playing poorly - really shows how far we’ve come. 

Â