Lerner's Driver

7 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Fairly obvious team really:

……..….….Martinez……………..

Cash…Pau…Lenglet…Digne

………..Luiz…..McGinn…………

Bailey..Tielemans..Ramsey

..…………….Watkins………………

That will be the team assuming pau is for enough to start. 

On 14/02/2024 at 20:42, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine how Steven Gerrard would have dealt with this.

Something like this as we wouldn't have signed Pau, Moreno, or Tielemans with Gerrard. Would have kept Coutinho and Dedoncker as well. 

Martinez

Cash  ------------  Hause---------- Chambers  -----------Dinge 

Dedoncker

Ramsey ---- McGinn

Coutinho                                       Bailey 

Watkins

Shudder that defense     🤣                 

On 14/02/2024 at 20:42, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine how Steven Gerrard would have dealt with this.

by getting sacked in the tunnel again 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

against Fulham and without Kamara I'm surprised no one has puy Diaby in the starting xi.  I thought when we had Bailey and Diaby on against United we looked more dangerous.  I know Emery doesn't like doing that for long but I d try

martinez

cash lenglet Torres moreno

luiz mcginn

Bailey Ramsey

diaby watkins.

I get that Tielemens is probably a better fit with how we play though.  I just think that Ramsey rarely gives a full 90 mins at his best and being able to swap him for Tielemans is a useful option

After hearing the presser, sounds like ............

martinez

cash lenglet torres digne

luiz iroegbunam

mcginn ramsey

bailey watkins.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

After hearing the presser, sounds like ............

martinez

cash lenglet torres digne

luiz iroegbunam

mcginn ramsey

bailey watkins.

I actually quite like the sound of this given the circumstances, famous last words! 😂 Craven Cottage really isn't a happy hunting ground for us - I mostly remember trudging away miserable after most visits there, last season's toxic Gerrard funeral being the worst by a distance, let's hope the players (most of whom will be playing tomorrow) don't have PTSD!

When was the last time we won at the Cottage when fans were present?! (We won 3-0 in an early season game during COVID in front of an empty stadium).

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 19:32, WakefieldVillan said:

Martinez

Cash.  Carlos.   Torres.  Moreno.

Tim.       Luiz.       

Bailey.      McGinn.         Ramsey.

Watkins. 

Still stick with this, but Lenglet for Carlos 

Not sure who'll adapt better being the left footed right sided CB. Want to see Tim start after hearing the presser. It's a tough game but if we can hit some form we've got enough.

If we can make it through the first 20 minutes without conceding any stupid goals we've got a chance. 4 of our 6 league defeats this year have come within the first 17 minutes, indeed 3 have been within the first 10.

I think we beat these if we get our attack firing. We have to take our chances early on and we can control the game more then. Signs are promising after that United game, the link up play was there and we looked dangerous. We’ve got to score first though so I hope we get in to them quickly. Ramsey looks like he’s getting back to form, and with Pau and Digne hopefully available it gives us some options there. We’ve just got to protect our RCB/Right side. 

I think we’ll win 1-2. 

there's a few hoodoos that emery has broken for us in terms of grounds we've not won at for ages or teams we've not beaten in a while. this would be one that would be nice to break

probably the away ground i've visited the most yet seen us win at a grand total of..........once

• Like 2

One possible option available to Emery is to play both Digne (at left back) and Moreno (at left mid) if he wanted to get them both in the team.

For the defensive midfield role would personally go for Luiz in that position but will be interesting to see what Emery goes with.

Think it will be 1-1 but we have a poor record at Craven Cottage so won’t be surprised if we struggle but let’s hope we continue the good attacking football we showed against Man U. UTV!