Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This loan for Dendonker hasn't worked out. He's two years left on a big wage hopefully we can at least find a Loan.

Chambers, Hause and Coutinho also need to be sold or loaned out. 

It’s going great, he sits on the bench and sometimes comes on for 5 minutes. That’s his job, and he’s doing it perfectly.

• Haha 2

Let’s assume that we don’t have to sell one of our top players in the summer, and let’s also assume that none ask to leave and/or are the subject of a crazy bid that we just can’t turn down.

What do we need in the summer? This season has been somewhat helpful in that regard as we know where the gaps are. Definitely need a defensive midfielder to compete with Kamara, I think another centre midfielder (perhaps more versatile a la Tielemans) and then a forward (to play across the front positions), don’t think we need anything more with a new backup GK already here and the new RB inbound.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think we 100% need (aka: genuine must have):

Defensive Mid - Kamara wont be back until christmas, and probably wont be back up to speed/fitness until new year, we need a quality DM to both fill the gaping hole at DM, and tbh also compete with Kamara when he returns (in some games we might even play Kamara and the new DM as a holding two, who knows).

Right Back - Emery might keep Konsa at RB?, but either way, we need a quality right back to compete with Cash, or provide the ability for Konsa to go to CB and not leave Cash as the only genuine option at RB (thats assuming Kosta - the new young RB, isnt ready to offer genuine first team competition yet).

I think everything else is a nice to have, and i could reel off 3 or 4 other positions i would "like", but i think those two are absolutely critical.

DM cover can be plugged in with a loan (like we did with Lenglet). 

Emery could conclude that combination of Cash, Konsa and Kosta might be enough. Me might get someone, we might not...my hunch is we are only gonna get new RB if we see Cash leave.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Let’s assume that we don’t have to sell one of our top players in the summer, and let’s also assume that none ask to leave and/or are the subject of a crazy bid that we just can’t turn down.

What do we need in the summer? This season has been somewhat helpful in that regard as we know where the gaps are. Definitely need a defensive midfielder to compete with Kamara, I think another centre midfielder (perhaps more versatile a la Tielemans) and then a forward (to play across the front positions), don’t think we need anything more with a new backup GK already here and the new RB inbound.

I did the maths on this back on page 53 we have loads of room to wiggle about should the owners be willing to fund the purchases

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Still think we should try for Ndidi in the summer, he’s a good player and Leicester need to sell. 

He’s out of contract I think.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Still think we should try for Ndidi in the summer, he’s a good player and Leicester need to sell. 

Is nowhere near good enough technically for our team

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

DM cover can be plugged in with a loan (like we did with Lenglet). 

Emery could conclude that combination of Cash, Konsa and Kosta might be enough. Me might get someone, we might not...my hunch is we are only gonna get new RB if we see Cash leave.

so what position do you think will be the big marquee signing? (if we make one).

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so what position do you think will be the big marquee signing? (if we make one).

I don't think we will necessarily make a marquee signing aka Diaby this summer. Unless there's a "marquee" sell aka Luiz for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In order of priority:

DM: cover for kamara and rotate with DL/BK

RB: An upgrade on cash to alllow konsa to play centre half

LB: An upgrade on either digne or moreno, providing we sell one of them. 

LW/SS: To challenge Leon and Moussa, whilst buendia and ramsey get back up to speed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wouldnt be surprised if brought in a young centre back from abroad. One that is comfortable on the ball and could also cover either left back or defensive midfield

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt be surprised if brought in a young centre back from abroad. One that is comfortable on the ball and could also cover either left back or defensive midfield

Cover the left back so left footed? 

Would depend on what we did in general but we already have 3 left footed CBs, I don't disagree with the idea but would have said in was more with the right side in mind 

There's also seemingly a few young CBs about at the moment but doubt they'd be cheap (the 2 Portuguese guys, Hato who might tick the left sided box, scalvini) 

Not sure what will happen with kerr, feeney, bogarde and swinkels either but looking increasingly like not a fat lot which is a shame 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Depends if the rumours of Hermoso coming in are true.  If they are I doubt another CB on top of that because he can play LB or CB.  We’d then have Hermoso, Mings, Torres, Konsa and Carlos with Lenglet going back to his home club.  We might still have Chambers, but whatever we will still have 5 CB’s if Hermoso is true.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think we 100% need (aka: genuine must have):

Defensive Mid - Kamara wont be back until christmas, and probably wont be back up to speed/fitness until new year, we need a quality DM to both fill the gaping hole at DM, and tbh also compete with Kamara when he returns (in some games we might even play Kamara and the new DM as a holding two, who knows).

Right Back - Emery might keep Konsa at RB?, but either way, we need a quality right back to compete with Cash, or provide the ability for Konsa to go to CB and not leave Cash as the only genuine option at RB (thats assuming Kosta - the new young RB, isnt ready to offer genuine first team competition yet).

I think everything else is a nice to have, and i could reel off 3 or 4 other positions i would "like", but i think those two are absolutely critical.

I think we need a backup for Torres ala Lenglet. For the LCB progressive passer given how frequently we play with 3 CBs we need 5 at the club. Even more so I think we'll see Pau at LB like we see Konsa at RB allows us to invert our attack and have the RB play as a RW 

CDM is key, we need someone there. I wouldn't rule out an experienced loan option as we have used the loan market well and Emery and Minchi have a track record of using it. A loan would not block the pathway for Tim and allow him more time to progress 

• Like 1

Â