Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Watching the Fenerbahce Olympiacos game to see who were playing next, and that Ferdi Kadioglu is everywhere on the pitch. Could certainly see him in an semester team

Also, there is something cool about a LB wearing no. 7

We all remember Bacuna at right back 😛

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

your are suggesting defenders and midfielders who can't defend.

The lads at the club are looking at the data in massive detail in conjunction with the teams data and what it's missing. However be serious the basic stats are so bad it isn't even worth looking in any detail. 

Do you sometimes see a player and think, oh yes good...

then you check his FBREF page, see he has some poor stats and think oh I was wrong, he's not good.

?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

your are suggesting defenders and midfielders who can't defend.

The lads at the club are looking at the data in massive detail in conjunction with the teams data and what it's missing. However be serious the basic stats are so bad it isn't even worth looking in any detail. 

What do you make of Morgan Rogers and his fbref stats specifically his possession and passing stats ? 

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

David was poor again tonight, his touch was awful

Would struggle badly in a better league

Yep. Always thought he was like Ollie a few seasons ago. Ollie has developed a subtlety to his finishes and a cleverness in his movement . David hasnt as of yet. 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What do you make of Morgan Rogers and his fbref stats specifically his possession and passing stats ? 

That they are crap, but then again I wouldn't have purchased him.

Personally I think he is a striker, he is being used by us as a ball carrier and god knows what roles he played for his last club over the last year.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That they are crap, but then again I wouldn't have purchased him.

Personally I think he is a striker, he is being used by us as a ball carrier and god knows what roles he played for his last club over the last year.

A Rogers esq shimmy round the question.

If he wins the ballon d'Or next season will you say he wasn't a sensible buy because fbref has red lines inside of green lines?

After his success tonight, hopefully Emi has received a text from his good mate Leo.

If we win a European final and qualify for the CL, he'd surely be keen...

Edited by Tubby
  • Haha 1

I thought Benjamin Andre looked a decent defensive midfield addition for us last night. He's 34 in August, so he wouldn't cost a lot, but would offer a decent option in Kamara's absence for next season imo. No re-sale value, I know but might be worth thinking about?

I'd take Tiago Santos at right-back just so we never have to play him again.

On a serious note, he fits the profile of the right-back we would be looking for. I expect Cash to leave or become a back-up player, and for the position to alternate between Konsa (more defensive) and a more attack-minded player such as Santos, who is only 21.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John said:

I thought Benjamin Andre looked a decent defensive midfield addition for us last night. He's 34 in August, so he wouldn't cost a lot, but would offer a decent option in Kamara's absence for next season imo. No re-sale value, I know but might be worth thinking about?

Not sure Andre will ever want to be in the same room as Emi again. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

On a serious note, he fits the profile of the right-back we would be looking for. I expect Cash to leave or become a back-up player, and for the position to alternate between Konsa (more defensive) and a more attack-minded player such as Santos, who is only 21.

He's an annoying b******d who knows how to win a free-kick.  But he's a very good player with plenty of room to develop into a great player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allani said:

He's an annoying b******d who knows how to win a free-kick.  But he's a very good player with plenty of room to develop into a great player.

Didn't we sell one of them to City for £100m? 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

We’ve already picked up Gauci but Chevalier has impressed in both legs. Can’t see him staying at Lille long. 

I think that will be the case for quite a few of their players.  Seems to happen to team like Lille, Monaco, Ajax etc.  They build a great team, then sell them all.

15 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

He really annoyed me in both legs, must be a future Manchester United player, given that he spends most of his time on his: Mardy Arse Mug — C Booth & Son

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I think that will be the case for quite a few of their players.  Seems to happen to team like Lille, Monaco, Ajax etc.  They build a great team, then sell them all.

They're not a great team though...4th in the league and knocked out in QF of Conference. They are a decent side, no more than that.

The number of aimless crosses and through balls they played yesterday was telling. We were so bad yesterday that any really good team would put us out of the competition.

Teams like Ajax you bringing here as a comparison got to Champions League final before they got disassembled.

Edited by Czarnikjak

This loan for Dendonker hasn't worked out. He's two years left on a big wage hopefully we can at least find a Loan.

Chambers, Hause and Coutinho also need to be sold or loaned out. 

Â