Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's right footed. He's probably more naturally a RB than he is a LB. 

He is right footed, but plays LB mainly his most played position according to transfermarkt, would be very well suited to teams who play an inverted LB.  Maybe Emery is looking to change things up by inverting the attacking LB and defensive RB we use, an having a defensive LB and attacking RB?  Would be the perfect setup for a marauding Frimpong at RB.

50 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He is right footed, but plays LB mainly his most played position according to transfermarkt, would be very well suited to teams who play an inverted LB.  Maybe Emery is looking to change things up by inverting the attacking LB and defensive RB we use, an having a defensive LB and attacking RB?  Would be the perfect setup for a marauding Frimpong at RB.

Yes I know, my point is though, that playing him at RB would hardly be a bad decision unlike almost everything from Bruce's tenure. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes I know, my point is though, that playing him at RB would hardly be a bad decision unlike almost everything from Bruce's tenure. 

Absolutely, he’d be a very useful player to have by all accounts. Can play LB, RB, DM, LM, RM and AM.

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Ian Kilmister  - £25m
Eddie Clarke - £18m
Phil Taylor - £20m

Are these all darts players or legit footballers?

Never heard of them 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are these all darts players or legit footballers?

Never heard of them 😂

Motorhead. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dream summer of unrealistic targets list time me feels. 

• Ferdi Kadıoğlu is rumoured already agreed (think it’s BS) LB . €30mill
  • Raoul Bellanova RB €18-20mill
  • Georgiy Sudakov €40mill + 
  • Martin Zubimendi €40mill +

sell Moreno/Digne, Cash and the deadwood, then also whoever Monchi / Emery decide can be sacrificed if needs be for the greater good (ie Ramsey, Luiz) … I’d try and extend Zaniolo’s loan if poss for another season and add the return of Mings & Buendia and we’ve raised the quality of the first team and squad. 

Bellanova RB - Bottom 10% for tackles, blocks and dribblers tackled....
Sudakov - Doesn't exist defensively - literally
Zubimendi is 52m on his release.

Ah cause fbref stats are the gospel on players and clubs shouldn’t waste hundreds of thousands of pound on data analysts and and software when the club could just check FBREF 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not what you need 2 hours before a European quarter final 2nd leg 😂

Isn’t that £50k per week?  Would’ve thought he would’ve got more given his profile.  That’s not even an average salary in the PL these days.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t that £50k per week?  Would’ve thought he would’ve got more given his profile.  That’s not even an average salary in the PL these days.

Italian wages are often reported after tax, so i'd imagine it's his net salary.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Ah cause fbref stats are the gospel on players and clubs shouldn’t waste hundreds of thousands of pound on data analysts and and software when the club could just check FBREF 

FBref has a professional version of it, the free is just the basic. If you think someone goes from bottom 5% to something decent on a different software package.......ok

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

indeed on a cheap fee as he has a year left.... in other words, it isn't true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

FBref has a professional version of it, the free is just the basic. If you think someone goes from bottom 5% to something decent on a different software package.......ok

Prove that they don’t … again why employ data analysts and scouts and expensive bespoke software systems when then just log into fbref ? I mean it’s a great guide for some things for the arm chair fan but if can it be relied upon to judge a player - how does that team set up and what is the ethos of the team, what does the manager expect from the player in that position, does the player show he can improve or play in a different manner, strength of opposition and league in general, how does he perform with his international team in comparison - where’s that in your bible? Data alone is useless without context 

Edited by thabucks

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Prove that they don’t … again why employ data analysts and scouts and expensive bespoke software systems when then just log into fbref ? I mean it’s a great guide for some things for the arm chair fan but if can it be relied upon to judge a player - how does that team set up and what is the ethos of the team, what does the manager expect from the player in that position, does the player show he can improve or play in a different manner, strength of opposition and league in general, how does he perform with his international team in comparison - where’s that in your bible? Data alone is useless without context 

your are suggesting defenders and midfielders who can't defend.

The lads at the club are looking at the data in massive detail in conjunction with the teams data and what it's missing. However be serious the basic stats are so bad it isn't even worth looking in any detail. 

Edited by paul514

Watching the Fenerbahce Olympiacos game to see who were playing next, and that Ferdi Kadioglu is everywhere on the pitch. Could certainly see him in an semester team

Also, there is something cool about a LB wearing no. 7

Â