Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

59 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Hows he doing this season?

Mainstay in a not great team that's comfortably stayed up their first year up.

Ability to get round someone in no at all space is really good. As is playing so many games at such a young age.

I don't think we need him particularly. Probably too similar to Buendia. We wouldn't lose money on him though.

58 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Mings

In my ideal world, the back 4 is Konsa-Mings-Torres-Moreno back to his last year form. Tyrone does everything Carlos does, but taller, and faster, and would also organize on defense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

In my ideal world, the back 4 is Konsa-Mings-Torres-Moreno back to his last year form. Tyrone does everything Carlos does, but taller, and faster, and would also organize on defense.

Moreno Pau Konsa New right back

fixed it for you 😉

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

I could see this. Konsa is better in the middle but we miss Mings so much at set pieces we just need him back in the team. 

You need to post more!

17 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In order of priority:

DM: cover for kamara and rotate with DL/BK

RB: An upgrade on cash to alllow konsa to play centre half

LB: An upgrade on either digne or moreno, providing we sell one of them. 

LW/SS: To challenge Leon and Moussa, whilst buendia and ramsey get back up to speed. 

Kimmich covers the first 2, extend Digne’s contract does the third, Jack the forth, and I think we can get Abraham on the cheap, from Roma.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

For me, Moreno’s defending doesn’t inspire much confidence & seems many are assuming Digne goes, if that’s the case who’s the option matching up defensively against champions league quality wingers?

We play in the PL champions league quality wingers are the same or lower than our league 

2 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Kimmich covers the first 2, extend Digne’s contract does the third, Jack the forth, and I think we can get Abraham on the cheap, from Roma.

Why on earth would we extend Digne's massive contract? When you have two 'older players' for a position you get rid of one for a younger option. It should be Digne due to wage and the fact Emery brought in Moreno.

Kimmich........Not happening.

Jack.......Not happening.

Abraham, you may well be correct but who are you getting rid of? 

2 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Who is Abraham? Tammy? He's **** shit 

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what signing araham would achieve, he's 26 now, coming off 2 poor years at Rome including a bad injury, would still be circa £20m and would be let's say a 4 year deal on £100k+ per week 

I can see an argument for him being better than what Duran is right now but by the end of his contract he wouldn't be 

Just don't see it as a forward thinking transfer, it's an easy safe transfer that ultimately wouldn't get us anywhere - and I think it's villa fans that constantly link us to him because the striker pool is so small right now he's just an easy name that we all know - personally I'm OK with Duran being back up but if we were insistent on getting say a 22 year old proper number 9 with bags of potential I don't know who that is, if it was a goal scoring wide man or number 10 I could shout some names out but a number 9 I haven't got a clue, and that's the only reason Abrahams name pops up, not because he's realistic or good enough 

4 hours ago, Villaphil said:

i didnt want Abraham when we were linked in the summer, i 110% dont want him now.

much better quality and value players out there.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tammy Abraham links and ideas are just fan service. 

At least the SiGN sCoTt pArK3r lot have something new to get on. I swear he was the bones of 40 and people were still blabbering on about him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

We play in the PL champions league quality wingers are the same or lower than our league 

Thanks, I’m aware what league we play in. I think you’re underestimating talent elsewhere, but setting that aside, who is going to defend against the better premier league wingers? Moreno, if he’s capable of returning to form of last season, can be effective going forward, but he’s not quick enough, big enough, or strong enough to defend consistently at  our level.

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

Mings

Mings is a completely different profile of player to Torres. Mings is a ball winner, defensive CB while Torres is a progressive passer attack minded CB. They're perfect profile to play together. 

If we lost Torres to injury we'd lack his skillset once Lenglet returns to Barcelona. 

I think Torres Mings Konsa Frimpong is like the idea back 4

Moreno Torres Carlos Konsa another option. That type of symmetry 

• Like 1

I am not sure that we'd be able to give him the playing time he wanted (but hopefully we will have a big European football carrot to wave in his face) but I think Solanke would enjoy playing in an Emery team.  Would give us a bit more aerial threat against teams that play really deep.  I'm not sure that Rogers and Duran couldn't fill the hole eventually but Solanke would slot in almost immediately.  I'm sure Solanke will probably want to be a guaranteed starter but if we could persuade him that he'd get enough time for us and also get some minutes in Europe then it might be a good option.  It is crazy that he's not even in the discussion for a place in the England squad.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Speaking generally, I think we need to get past the idea of thinking of “who is best?” in this or that position, and think always about pairs of players. We absolutely will need two superbos for every position. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â