Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

On 01/05/2024 at 09:44, duke313 said:

A quality DM and RB for me, if we only signed those and nothing more i'd be happy enough.

Me Too.

20 hours ago, RicRic said:

Its more the fact we could be in the biggest competition in football next season so upgrades are needed for sure.. Bailey is the only winger who looks capable of starting against lets say a barcelona, diaby,rogers and JJ are certainly not ( possibly a fit JJ *undecided*).

We are not starting with another player similar to Kamara because we only need him and Luiz who drives further forward, then we have Tielemans and Mcginn who can play multiple roles in the central midfield area, but we do need a backup to Kamara as Tim isn’t ready yet. If Duran leaves we then need to look at signing a forward again… 

So B**locks to FFP we will need to spend at least £100M on 3/4 positions its not fair we cannot.

*RB*
*LW*
*CDM/CM*
*ST*

In a game, where there is a need to win the ball back, often........It can be too much work, for one, and to go after opponents, 2 is better than 1.

In most games, where we are in control, I agree 1 CDM is fine......but I am thinking squad as opposed to team. An additional quality CDM gives Unai options, and some opponents is hard to get the ball off them.

Anyway, in the cold light of day, I trust Unai to get it right.

• Like 1

Should we succeed in getting champs league next season, then I think we’ll see a lot of movement. I’d say at a bare minimum we would need

LB 

RB

CDM

winger/forward

Not seem him enough to know about his ball retention and passing skills and if he would suit the Emery way but Palhinha  from Fulham would  tick the box for the DM roles ...  imagine being hunted down by him and Kamara !!

might be too expensive though as he signed a new deal after this Munich transfer fell through , that said I'd be surprised if his agent didn't get a release clause put in the new contract 

20 hours ago, duke313 said:

Who are we looking at? 👀

I loosely follow Belgian football without ever really watching it... strangely enough because of a really old CM game where I managed Cercle Brugge!

Denkey would be the obvious player to be scouting.  He has had an incredible season; top goalscorer in the league by a mile.  Bit of a slow burner up until this point but showed promise last season and has just massively kicked on.  They lost Ueda to Feyenoord in the summer and he hasn't (seemingly) done much there, so always a bit of caution if that's the player we'd be after.  But a striker in his early 20's having a standout season in the Belgian Pro League?  It worked out alright last time...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I loosely follow Belgian football without ever really watching it... strangely enough because of a really old CM game where I managed Cercle Brugge!

Denkey would be the obvious player to be scouting.  He has had an incredible season; top goalscorer in the league by a mile.  Bit of a slow burner up until this point but showed promise last season and has just massively kicked on.  They lost Ueda to Feyenoord in the summer and he hasn't (seemingly) done much there, so always a bit of caution if that's the player we'd be after.  But a striker in his early 20's having a standout season in the Belgian Pro League?  It worked out alright last time...

5184.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

5184.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

He was neither early 20s nor had been bought off the back of his breakout season :D 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He was neither early 20s nor had been bought off the back of his breakout season :D 

Wesley 😝

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wesley 😝

Gah :D

I reckon his breakout season was the one before the one after which we signed him... :D 

29 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe913i3vlkibz3pk5ypxot

don’t get this debate going again, it’s not worth it 

I'll drop it after I burst Ben Mee's lips and no sooner.

If there is any truth to Kounde rumours, would he essentially be another Konsa?

As in equivalent of Konsa in the RB role, but can also play CB comfortably when needed.

Leaving Konsa to stay at CB, and OBS being able to cover RB too.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

In a game, where there is a need to win the ball back, often........It can be too much work, for one, and to go after opponents, 2 is better than 1.

This sounds like the voiceover for an old movie trailer…

“in a game where…”

“in a world where…”

This guy’s a Villa fan too:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wouldn’t mind looking at Johnny Cardoso who’s currently at Betis.

Sounds like a character from Vice City.

• Haha 4

Guess we and everyone else won't be signing Roony Bardghji this summer. He's had a serious knee injury and will miss 9-12 months.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

So what good DM are we going to buy, think Kamara missing has really cost us points and games this season. 

I dont think we necessarily need an outright DM but someone who is better at covering the role when Kamara isn't there, someone with more versatility or a more complete midfielder who pairs with anyone sat next to him

From what I've seen I think that's Thuram 

Â