Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

As long as we keep Martinez, Konsa, Mcginn and Watkins I will be happy. Everybody else is expandable if good offer comes in.

at the beginning of the season I would've said Watkins, Luiz & Pau, now for me it's just Watkins and Pau. 

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would be happy for JJ to stay, but someone has to go to generate funds. JJ seems like the only one, of the possibiles, who could demand a hefty fee. 

Who would you choose?

It's a fair point, if we are signing another attacker who can play wide. 

I think the main issue is we can't really sell JJ, or Buendia having been injured and not really been able to show their peak worth. Plus losing JJ impacts us with the European squads.

It's very hard to think who Emery has in mind. I think if we map out 23 first team players (exclude Kamara) we can best see what might be plans.

It's a bit simplistic as lots of players can play multiple positions

LM - JJ, Rogers

CM - Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans, New

RM - Bailey, New

S/S - Diaby, Buendia

CF - Watkins, Duran

I'd see us signing 2 new players to fill out the squad, possibly a CM in on Loan as cover for Kamara

Baena - £45m

Bellanova - £25m

Y. Fofana - £20m

Ndidi - free 

Not sure if we could spend that much but that would solve a lot of problems for us

Baena, Nico Williams, Lenglet, Joao Felix, Ferran Torres, yes please. 

This would compensate for Carlos and JJ leaving, and we’d look much stronger for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The thing with casually throwing out just sell JJ or Luiz or any of our starters... Who do people think they're going to join? Especially for £50-60m

Theyre not going to Crystal Palace... 

If we sold JJ I think it would be to Liverpool, a team we're competing with and all sat expecting them to drop off giving us a huge chance to overtake them, and he'd no doubt be class there 

The clubs coming in for our players would be Liverpool, utd, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs - it's a proper **** dangerous game, these players would make the teams we're trying to finish above better 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The thing with casually throwing out just sell JJ or Luiz or any of our starters... Who do people think they're going to join? Especially for £50-60m

Theyre not going to Crystal Palace... 

If we sold JJ I think it would be to Liverpool, a team we're competing with and all sat expecting them to drop off giving us a huge chance to overtake them, and he'd no doubt be class there 

The clubs coming in for our players would be Liverpool, utd, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs - it's a proper **** dangerous game, these players would make the teams we're trying to finish above better 

If we have to sell players to stay inline of FFP, then those are the trade offs. 

We don’t need to sell for FFP at this stage. All the JJ stuff was purely speculative from The Athletic to prop up the Geordies. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Baena, Nico Williams, Lenglet, Joao Felix, Ferran Torres, yes please. 

This would compensate for Carlos and JJ leaving, and we’d look much stronger for it.

Not sure I like ferran Torres plus he would be in Barca crazy wages but joao Felix would be a 1000% no for me. Not improving us enough to mitigate that in my opinion he is to lightweight, has a  poor attitude and will be very expensive.

Dougie will be fine, played in his right position No 8.....I thought the idea was for Tielemans to compete with him for that shirt.

Having one dedicated CDM leaves us vulnerable.....we need an additional quality one who can pass the ball, and stay on it, to help us control games.....to play alongside, Kamara

Wingers.....we currently have Bailey and Diaby, and possibly Philogene coming back, not to mention Kaden Young in the academy, looking for his chance.

I don't really understand the need, here.....unless we are actually saying, they are not good enough.

i think there are positions in the squad that clearly need strengthening.....other area's are just cosmetic choices.

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We don’t need to sell for FFP at this stage. All the JJ stuff was purely speculative from The Athletic to prop up the Geordies. 

It's going to be the new way of feeding the transfer window bullshit machine isn't it? 

The clubs will no doubt play the game too, easy way to temper expectations, cover why they cashed in on big names players 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dougie will be fine, played in his right position No 8.....I thought the idea was for Tielemans to compete with him for that shirt.

Having one dedicated CDM leaves us vulnerable.....we need an additional quality one who can pass the ball, and stay on it, to help us control games.....to play alongside, Kamara

Wingers.....we currently have Bailey and Diaby, and possibly Philogene coming back, not to mention Kaden Young in the academy, looking for his chance.

I don't really understand the need, here.....unless we are actually saying, they are not good enough.

i think there are positions in the squad that clearly need strengthening.....other area's are just cosmetic choices.

A quality DM and RB for me, if we only signed those and nothing more i'd be happy enough.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This seems bizarrely conspiratorial. Walk me through the thinking here, is it that Tanswell is secretly a Saudi agent or something?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This seems bizarrely conspiratorial. Walk me through the thinking here, is it that Tanswell is secretly a Saudi agent or something?

It was aimed at Ornstein who should know better. Transfer rumours are rubbish at the best of times. Tanswell wrote similar copy days later. 

Ornstein during the Jan window 

“But funds must be raised before the end of June to stay compliant with profit and sustainability rules and that has alerted suitors, who believe offers above £50million will at least be contemplated.”

The next rumour was selling Duran to Chelsea.

By March the club publish this that despite losses “we continue to operate within the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules.“

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/04/aston-villa-end-of-year-accounts/

Newcastle have legitimate FFP issues though and would be in no position to afford JJ so the story was entirely speculative from the get go. 

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It was aimed at Ornstein who should know better. Transfer rumours are rubbish at the best of times. Tanswell wrote similar copy days later. 

Ornstein during the Jan window 

“But funds must be raised before the end of June to stay compliant with profit and sustainability rules and that has alerted suitors, who believe offers above £50million will at least be contemplated.”

The next rumour was selling Duran to Chelsea.

By March the club publish this that despite losses “we continue to operate within the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules.“

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/04/aston-villa-end-of-year-accounts/

Newcastle have legitimate FFP issues though and would be in no position to afford JJ so the story was entirely speculative from the get go. 

Seemingly everyone has FFP and PSR issues 

So we can fully expect another £2bn odd spent this summer 

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

Football Insider linking us with Callum O'Hare.

lol

Would be interesting to see Unai developing him further 

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

Football Insider linking us with Callum O'Hare.

lol

Someone mentioned him before.

No problem at all with him as a body. Won't break the bank. Home grown. Always had a good attitude on the pitch.

The wider 'problem' we have is that we have four key players in Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Kamara all coming back and we don't know what level they'll be at.

They're all unsellable because of last year's injuries so we have to sort of cover them, but equally don't over pack the squad. If they're back to where they were they'll all be hoping to start 35 games a season.

Â