Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

What the f is going on. Looks like we've just forgot how to play football, month off has effing killed us not helped us

The way we played up until December stopped working, I thought things might have been different after the break but it’s still hopeless in the final third 

That was awful. No intensity at all. We never got close to Newcastle and they look like scoring every time they attack. What is going on? Really worrying. This will be 4 or 5. Thank goodness Isak has gone off.

In general a horrid first half from Villa.

Too static and too slow from the midfield to forward line.

Diaby needs hooked. He’s been such a poor buy.

Howe basically schooling Emery again with Villa just too predictable in every sense.

Just now, thunderball said:

Done enough to score one or two so not all bad. But this team cannot cope with a press, it’s our Achilles heel.

I’d be more specific and say Lenglet can’t handle the press. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

An you wonder why the fans are quiet!

I don’t wonder anything I know how things are at premier league grounds now.  Plus it’s times like this when the players need the crowd more ? Either way it’s not the reason we are 2.0 down we aren’t good enough it seems . 

funny how it all started going downhilll when we had that "chance to go top", then we missed it, had another chance, missed it, then another and missed it, and we have dropped off ever since.

I wonder if part of it is some of the players are putting too much pressure on myself, whenever i see McGinn come out and talk about CL and top 4 and pushing for it, i expect it to go to sh*t, as it seems we panic.

We did similar under Gerrard, McGinn comes out talking about Europe and we go to sh*t.

tbh, i would prefer us to just not talk and do our talking on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Unai is seething.

He needs to sort out what we’ve been seeing for the last few games rather than gnash his teeth.

• Like 2

Just now, osmark86 said:

We are slow. Slow to the ball. Slow with the ball. Slow in our pace. Slow in our decision making.

It is too easy to play against us now.

Fairly sure every side in the league passes quicker and more fluently than us....feels like it anyway!