Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

We've been dire since Man City.

Needed some numbers this window to maintain the push.  Not happened.

See us dropping away now like that Gregory season.

Studies done say January signings have little impact on ppg improvement that season. Add FFP restrictions vs it's just fan lust for new and don't care if doesn't work out just get new player

• Like 1

Just now, Callum said:

Everyone needs to calm the **** down.

tbh im very calm, im not doubting Emery, he has worked miracles and made a lot of players at this club look better than they are, he had us operating at literally 100% for a year.

I honestly think we have dropped off in form, but also teams are finding us out a bit i think.

it is very concerning, though, our last 10 games:

Arsenal - good for first 15 mins, they poor but scraped the win, Zrinjski - poor, Brentford - poor but lucked a win, Sheff utd - poor, Manure - classic Villa meltdown, Burnley - lucky win, Boro - huffed and puffed to a win, Everton - poor, Chelsea - mostly poor.

Newcastle - rubbish.

10 games, even if ppl arent questioning Emery's position, which ofc they shouldnt, doesnt change the fact that we have been extremely poor for 10 games now, or since early Dec pretty much, so 2 months of really bad performances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our home support is mostly shit anyway regardless 

It's **** terrible tonight 

And it was from the forest minute, I hate this bullshit about it being the performance or the score, it was all Newcastle from minute 1

6 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Been wobbling for a while though. If we have genuine intent on Europe we should have kicked on out of ours. 

We've been massively overachieving for the whole of 2023, it makes sense for us to fall back to reality. We all kinda expected to