Kingman

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can you point out those posts (maybe 2) or are you just exaggerating?

Are you unable to read through? I assume you already have done because you've stated a number of posts. 

I said 'some posts', which is factually accurate. 

Will be a tough game, but we should be winning this at home.  We've created enough chances in last few games, we just aren't taking them.  If we start being more clinical in front of goal, we should win this.

• Like 1

We seem to have a habit of giving each other a bit of a pasting in this fixture, whoever is at home. That said, their record at VP is better than ours up at SJP, (then again, it couldn't be worse really.)

Thankfully, we are very strong at home and they are at a bit of a crossroads in their season. 

If ever there was a time for revenge. It's now. 

6-1. Ollie hat trick. (Or a scrappy 1-0)

Edited by GlobalVillan

So Pau, Digne and Duran all out. JJ likely out but closer than the others. 

I think we are a significantly poorer team when we don’t have Pau. He’s so much better on the ball than Lenglet and he passing range is a different level too. 

Newcastle will play a high press game not dissimilar to Chelsea last Friday night. We need to play around/ through that press if want to get the 3 points here. Both their full backs are poor when opponents run at them. No point in crossing the ball when Watkins will be up against Botman and Schaar. 

My real concern is set pieces. Newcastle have a big physical team. Burn, Botman, Schaar, Isak, etc and in Tripper they have a guy who can deliver from dead balls. 

Hopefully we will get the holy grail of more clean sheets with a good attacking performance and a 2-3 nil win. 

• Like 2

I really hope I'm wrong (and I was about Chelsea beating us on Friday in the cup), but I really think we could be in for a struggle tomorrow night, it's vital the fans (like the vociferous away end did for 90 minutes at Stamford Bridge) do their bit to help the boys over the line like they did against Man City and Arsenal this season. 

Edited by wedge
  • Like 3

I'd go with:

Martinez

Cash                    Konsa                       Lenglet                 Moreno

Kamara

Luiz

McGinn    Tielemans

Bailey 

Watkins

Edited by wedge

We've nearly won every game at home but one for a year.

Newcastle have beaten one team away this season. Sheffield Utd.

We have to win this.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

I think we’ll win it. We weren’t terrible against Chelsea and actually created some good chances. I think we’ll create plenty tonight and Watkins will get back to scoring ways. Should be a good atmosphere at home and under the lights, and the taste of revenge in the air. 

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bloody hell the Newcastle natives are not looking forward to this!

Just had a look they are worse than us for negative comments.

27 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bloody hell the Newcastle natives are not looking forward to this!

Always fills me with fear when the opposition think this...

"It's a funny old game Saint" - Jimmy Greaves

• Like 1