Kingman

Need a big week. We’ve slowed down a bit lately but this is a good chance to put some good performances in. 

We absolutely should be beating Newcastle tonight. Let’s not **** it up Villa. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Woah!!! That’s a mad stat

Caveat that Newcastle did score a goal in 16/17 but it was an OG 😆

2022/23 lost 0-3
2021/22 lost 0-2
2020/21 lost 0-2
2019/20 lost 0-2
2016/17 drew 1-1 og (Elphick) (Ch)
2015/16 drew 0-0
2014/15 drew 0-0
2013/14 won 2-1 Ben Arfa, Gouffran

(also lifted from Toon forum)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not feeling too positive for tonight, with the way we’ve been playing their direct and high octane approach may unsettle us I fear

We need to use the same tactics as the 3 nil.  Play longer into the space behind the press. If not i agree. They will do what they did at home against us. 

I'm also not massively confident about this one, mainly because our last two home games were rather lumpen performances against the two bottom sides and Newcastle are better than them despite their injury list and we need to step up again.  Form in general seems to have taken a real dip since we beat Arsenal. 

Diaby owes us a performance if he's selected, and it's about time Ollie got back on the scoresheet.   Despite wanting desperately to put 3 or 4 past this lot again I'm going for a narrow win 1-0 or 2-1 but a draw would not surprise me. 

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m strangely nervous about this, and not sure why. 

I think it's our form, hardly been inspiring lately. A big performance would be superb!

• Like 1

Konsa to move to FB maybe? Would he be better taking care of Gordon, rather than Cash?

Bailey to return to the starting lineup in place of Diaby you would think. 

Tough game, just hope we can put in a similar performance to how we last played them at home. Watkins and McGinn destroyed their back line that day. 

I think it’s quite understandable that many of us feel anxious about this. We are expected to win but we know we’ve not been at our best. All the stats relating to our home record vs their away record just add to the pressure. This game feels like a pivotal moment in our season and we all want some reassurance that we can push and compete for the second half of the season and not fall off form-wise like we’ve seen so many times in the past.