Kingman

So there game against Fulham in the FA Cup has been put back to Saturday at 7pm whilst our game Chelsea has been brought forward to the Friday night. 

We play each other at Villa Park on Tuesday 30th so doesn't give them much of a preparation turnaround. 

I would be pretty pissed off if it was us TBH 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the many reasons I'm looking forward to this game is that there will be a programme, and that programme might just reveal the biggest secret in football - the attendance figure for the Arsenal game on the 9th December that's been locked in the vaults at Villa Park for six weeks.

We live in hope.

• Shocked 1

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

One of the many reasons I'm looking forward to this game is that there will be a programme, and that programme might just reveal the biggest secret in football - the attendance figure for the Arsenal game on the 9th December that's been locked in the vaults at Villa Park for six weeks.

We live in hope.

Do they still make programmes? (Genuinely - the hatch they used to sell them from in Holte Upper sells beer now.)

23 hours ago, limpid said:

Do they still make programmes? (Genuinely - the hatch they used to sell them from in Holte Upper sells beer now.)

They do, and there are still those of us sad enough to buy one every single time.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 15:50, Wainy316 said:

It's one of Amazon Prime's ingenious kick off times 

Except, TNT/ BT/ discovery+ has taken their template for the w/c January 30th.

Edited by Django_Zooms

If there's one game I want us to win this season it's this one. Revenge for the opening day horrorshow and they remain as ever, a despicable club. Hoping for 5 -0 is optimistic and will take a scrawny late winner in necessary but please just beat these revolting pricks

• Like 2

We need to beat these at home, still haven’t forgotten the pain of that 2014 loss up there when remy scored in stoppage time followed by that long and horrendous journey home….feels like it will be a tight game with either team able to take the 3 points on the night 

Must win for me.

We don't want to fall into the mentality of suddenly thinking draws at home are acceptable and get into that routine as that WILL cost us top 4.

Newcastle have been terrible away from home all season bar that massive win in Sheffield. 5 away points all season and we're getting stick for our away form, we accumulated more away points than them by mid September.

This game being so close to deadline day helps us aswell as have to think they're not going to risk Trippier or Almiron if they're seriously going to sell them 24 hours later to pay the FFP bills.

I'll go for 3-1 this year.

• Like 3

I think we'll win this comfortably. Newcastle are in poor form both in terms of results and performances, where as whilst we aren't firing on all cylinders performance wise we have still only lost one of our last ten in the league and have taken 21 points over that period. 

Add in to the above that they are playing away at Fulham tonight so have a days lest rest, that they are dire way from home whilst we are flying at home and that VP will  be rocking under the lights. We'll win this by at least 2 goals.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Last Newcastle game on TV they said bruno was 1 booking away from a ban, does yellow cards in FA Cup count towards league, so what I'm asking should he get a yellow card against Fulham will he miss the game Tuesday?. It would be his 10th.

Actually scrap this he has 9 in league and 14 in 30 games, was hoping he misses the game.

Edited by villan501

2 hours ago, villan501 said:

Last Newcastle game on TV they said bruno was 1 booking away from a ban, does yellow cards in FA Cup count towards league, so what I'm asking should he get a yellow card against Fulham will he miss the game Tuesday?. It would be his 10th.

Actually scrap this he has 9 in league and 14 in 30 games, was hoping he misses the game.

It's a good question. From what I know I think they changed it a year ago so cards are competition specific e.g. you get yellow carded in FA cup and it dosen't carry over to league.

Not sure what happens if he gets booked and Newcastle go out, guessing it just gets nullified.

League cup didn't count as if you combined the two he got his 10th domestic yellow v Liverpool but then played in the next two matches.

Only a sending off tonight will rule him out of our game.