Kingman

Did they look strong? I only watched until their second goal tonight but i thought they barely had a shot outside of the two they scored from. And Fulham should have done better with a number of opportunities. Newcastle have lost 6 of the last 7 league games, conceding 17 goals in the process. They're still lightweight and open in midfield. And they still have a long injury list. Wins against Sunderland and Fulham in the FA Cup won't convince me they've turned the corner just yet. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Must win for me.

We don't want to fall into the mentality of suddenly thinking draws at home are acceptable and get into that routine as that WILL cost us top 4.

Newcastle have been terrible away from home all season bar that massive win in Sheffield. 5 away points all season and we're getting stick for our away form, we accumulated more away points than them by mid September.

This game being so close to deadline day helps us aswell as have to think they're not going to risk Trippier or Almiron if they're seriously going to sell them 24 hours later to pay the FFP bills.

I'll go for 3-1 this year.

They are not serious about selling them.

just seen Howe on MOTD not so sure now

Edited by smg
More info.

59 minutes ago, smg said:

They are not serious about selling them.

just seen Howe on MOTD not so sure now

I think they'll sell Almiron, don't buy Howe saying he was ill one little bit.

Think Trippier will stay until the summer unless Bayern bid stupid money.

• Like 1

Think it will pretty much be the same lineup. maybe bailey in for diaby. Assume torres unavailable again.

Martinez

Cash            Konsa           Lenglet       Moreno

Mcginn       Kamara          Luiz           Tielemans

Bailey          Watkins

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Think it will pretty much be the same lineup. maybe bailey in for diaby. Assume torres unavailable again.

Martinez

Cash            Konsa           Lenglet       Moreno

Mcginn       Kamara          Luiz           Tielemans

Bailey          Watkins

Konsa to right back for me, Cash was targeted as a weak link back in August and will be done so again.

Very little confidence here, we're still down to the bare bones and the showing against Fulham wasn't great. 

We're in dire need of fresh legs in midfield. Bruno, Longstaff and Miley all add something, but none of them have the physicality of Joelinton nor the tenacity of Tonali so we're pretty easy to play through at the minute. With Dubravka incapable of playing that sweeper keeper role that Pope managed so that means we're playing deeper. So naturally when we are played through, they're pretty much through on goal. 

Also, because we're playing deeper the link between midfield and forward is stretched to it's limit meaning Isak, Gordon and Almiron are either isolated, or have half the pitch to get across.

I'm expecting another loss. 

• Like 1

Not that there's ever a bad time, but really feels like a game where we could do with the boost of a good result and performance. At face value everything is still going well, but performances haven't been particularly good since early-December and with the Duran, FFP etc stuff in between the general mood seems to have dampened a bit.

Will always be tough against Newcastle but they've been ropey to say the least and it's the best home side in the league vs the second worst away side here so it's a prime opportunity to take advantage of that ahead of some winnable upcoming games with hopefully some key players returning in the process.