Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

Little worried we are being found out now which is tough when we only really have a plan A. Defensively we are poor and always look like conceding. Create a lot of chances but struggle to put some pretty easy ones away…. 

Full time whistle has just gone on my stream… 🤣

Considering how poor we’ve been, we really are some team! Joint top on points, and again we found a way to win in a game where we weren’t at our best. Douglas-Luiz’s composure to score that penalty wins him my MOTM. 

A nice two week break now for players to get back from injury and for Unai to fix our defensive frailties. What a year it’s been, feels so good to be a Villa fan again!

• Like 1

Not making excuses for poor defending, but you could make a case that none of our first choice defence this season started that game in their best position and we were missing our defensive midfielder. January should improve. I’d have taken 42 points from 20 games if offered in August… or at the start of December!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Happy for 2 weeks break from the league. Seems like both players and fans need a break from the premier league.

Yep exactly, come at a good time for us to get a breather and get some of our injured players back.

20 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Looks like we sold the wrong brother, JJ played rubbish again and missed the easiest chance.

But I sad prematch I'd take a poor game for a win and we got it, UTV

Doesn’t sound like you happy now, even though we won

• Haha 2

Dougie has pretty much summed it up here… they know they are not playing well and are tired. We have had injuries and suspensions to contend with.

A bit of a rest and a breather and we will be back with a bang… re-energised, refreshed and revitalised. A signing or two will help even more…

Time for perspective and appreciation… look where we are…

If we really expect to play well every game and win every game… we’re delusional and we’d be winning the lot… which we are not capable of doing. Unai has brought levels out of these players that none of us ever envisaged.

Every team has ups and downs and it’s been a ludicrously long amount of time since we have been in this sort of position…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep exactly, come at a good time for us to get a breather and get some of our injured players back.

We've played 10 matches in 34 days since the international break.  To have got through that period with as many points as we have and with players now coming back from injury / suspension really does set us up well.  The big question is whether we can add to the squad between now and the end of January as our depth is being tested.  But there are a lot of teams who are probably even more desparate than us - so I am slightly worried that someone is going to spend a lot of money on players that turn out being duds.  I am fairly confident that it won't be us.  Hopefully Monchi and Emery have a couple of surprises up their sleeves to just give us a New Year boost.

• Like 3

Â