Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

After a point against Sheffield and losing against Man U in the way they did it was essential Villa got the three points!

Obvious to everyone though that Villa are running on fumes and need reinforcements when the window opens to take advantage of the fab start.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I mean this in the worst possible way. 

There are some appalling takes on here from a few posters, Arsenal fan levels of entitlement. 

We're joint top. Joint top. Stop making out that we are now entitled to win every game playing 2009 Barca levels of football. 

I can't be arsed to read all nine pages, give us a few examples, name & shame ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Talk on the match thread of fragile player mentality. 

We really need to work on fan mentality.

First bit of bad form in a year, sitting joint top of the table.

Fans are fragile as f***.

Such a brilliant post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

'3 more, 3 more...Unbeaten, unbeaten, 2023'  I think

I reckon "Primo ... I'm beating, I'm beating 2023"

Primo means cousin in Spanish, term of endearment 

Edited by est1874

28 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

As far as I’m concerned we don’t have the depth to fight on three fronts. FA Cup will blatantly get the ginger stepchild treatment unless we get to the later rounds.

You mean the arrogance treatment. It's a cup we haven't won since 57, it may well have lost some of it's romance, but there's still a few of us, me included, who would like nothing better than seeing SJM lifting that trophy on a sunny May afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You mean the arrogance treatment. It's a cup we haven't won since 57, it may well have lost some of it's romance, but there's still a few of us, me included, who would like nothing better than seeing SJM lifting that trophy on a sunny May afternoon. 

So what are you willing to trade for the FA Cup ? because to win it would hugely damage us in the league and the Europa 

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd rather win the FA Cup than play Champions League football.

That's the truth of it. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to their view but that's another trophy in our cabinet, versus the slog of having to play world class teams around Europe with a squad that probably needs 1-2 seasons to continue to build.

Building the squad would become a whole lot easier if you’re in the CL though.

Â