Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

41 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't know Leon Edwards the UFC welterweight champion was paraded in front of the crowd before the game. Aston born and obviously Aston Villa bred.

Erdington lad.

can’t decide whether he would make a great stopper or a centre forward to terrorize defenders😂

well done Leon!

5 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Erdington lad.

can’t decide whether he would make a great stopper or a centre forward to terrorize defenders😂

well done Leon!

I've heard about him on social media but had no idea he was so close to home. Another "celebrity" to add to the list. 

Reflecting on the game and especially the penalty incident, I wonder why JJ was so angry. Did one of the Burnley players say something overly critical to Aaron? I say this because whilst booking JJ it seemed like Aaron was trying to plead in his defence. Why else was JJ making the "shush" gesture to one of the Burnley player's? I may be way off here, but you never know.

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Love Konsa, quite often under pressure he just sorts shit out calmly and gets on with it. I'd say world class right back, Konsa and Torres as a pair and Moreno, then we're really looking good.

Seems without Kamara, we don't get the best of McGinn or Luiz. Something needs to click with Ramsey, some others were hot and cold. 

Three points though which after the last two games were well needed. 42 points at half way, if we get close to 84 for the season it's way, way better than expected.

He's way too good a centre- half to be wasted at right - back. I love how he comes out of seemingly ugly entanglements with such poise and nine times out of 10 with the ball at his feet, or maybe that should be 9 and a half times. 

• Like 1

First time on public transport for over 10 years, excellent 3 points, could have been 5 or 6 in the end. Didn't have great view on the pen but we needed it.

I'd have had to have a break from VT if we drew, its bad enough when we win.

We look knackered but 2 weeks league break will help. Bring on the geordies. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't know Leon Edwards the UFC welterweight champion was paraded in front of the crowd before the game. Aston born and obviously Aston Villa bred.

It was at half time.  He was born in Jamaica but grew up in Aston.  

12 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

First time on public transport for over 10 years, excellent 3 points, could have been 5 or 6 in the end. Didn't have great view on the pen but we needed it.

I'd have had to have a break from VT if we drew, its bad enough when we win.

We look knackered but 2 weeks league break will help. Bring on the geordies. 

We got Everton next in the League.

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I can't decide whether Luiz meant to hit the bar with the penalty - I kind of hope that he did.

In a parallel universe he did, and it bounced out. I think he was trying to say to us that it could go either way. He is the chaos fox. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not a vintage performance and those misses by diaby and ramsey almost cost us but delighted with the 3 points. Everton away is gonna be tough and theyve lost the last 3 in the prem and in the league cup before that too, their fans will make a fortress out of goodison so we need to be focused all game. We go again shortly!

Â