Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

It’s not matter of anyone ‘not allowing’ fans to be hyper-critical or throw a tantrum. They’re still perfectly free to do either, as long as they accept the consequence of other people finding it ridiculous.

So now it's ridiculous, even though we are top 4, on merit, to get frustrated during a game because your team cannot see off the worst team in the league, who only have 10 men.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So now it's ridiculous, even though we are top 4, on merit, to get frustrated during a game because your team cannot see off the worst team in the league, who only have 10 men.

I didn't have an issue with the fans. There's always going to be frustration and groans when we're chasing a last minute winner, especially when some opportunities get inexplicably wasted. I mean, that's just the nature of the beast. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know you love the frustration really. The last year must have been tough at home😉 

These games will happen. Main thing is we won.

Very true they will happen, but we have set the standards sky high, it's not wrong or ridiculous to be pissed with a loss, or even a draw, especially against the crap.

Man United loss is looking worse now Forest are beating them 2-1, but even though it's frustrating, I accept Man United will always beat us. 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I didn't have an issue with the fans. There's always going to be frustration and groans when we're chasing a last minute winner, especially when some opportunities get inexplicably wasted. I mean, that's just the nature of the beast. 

I was quoting @His Name Is Death who said it was ridiculous for fans to be unhappy with the loses.

That period of domination after Burnley went down to 10 was so strange… shot after shot over the bar…

There are times when we lack that clinical and ruthless edge… poor finishing…

Then again, there are games that we have won after scoring 4, 5, 6 goals 😆 

We're in some stodgy form. The obvious disappointments of the last 2 games have rocked us a little. We're not as fluid and dominant without Torres, Kamara and Tielemans. We needed to win by any means in this game and use the break to reset.

Job done.

And yes, we need a couple or 3 in next month.

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't know Leon Edwards the UFC welterweight champion was paraded in front of the crowd before the game. Aston born and obviously Aston Villa bred.

He was born in Jamaica mate 

• Haha 2

This is what I saw ...

Martinez was OK ... I thought he might have stopped the breakaway goal on another day
The backline were OK. Konsa seemed "wobbly" a couple of times, Carlos was better than in the last game. Lenglet did OK, Moreno was good going forward, though both of them looked slow chasing back at times. Must admit Foster looked useful.
McGinn and Luiz did OK, did not seem that involved. Luiz a little bit lucky with the penalty. I wonder if the ball crossed the line before is spun back onto the cross bar.
Bailey, my PotM, Ramsey slowly coming back
Diaby had a good game, I'd like to see more shots on target. Watkins, a lot of hard work and two assists.

Good to see Pau back, and Duran, got a soft penalty and perhaps deserved a yellow for one of his tackles.

Emery .. average for Emery.  a change in tactics a little bit. A bit more over the top and chase down the ball, which seemed to work

Referee average ... mostly got it right.

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Very true they will happen, but we have set the standards sky high, it's not wrong or ridiculous to be pissed with a loss, or even a draw, especially against the crap.

Man United loss is looking worse now Forest are beating them 2-1, but even though it's frustrating, I accept Man United will always beat us. 😂

I was thinking Forest defeat doesn’t look as bad now considering they done Newcastle away and United at home. 

Glass half full and all that.  The Man U game was poor but today was just a couple of frustrating lapses. We still scored 3 goals and missed some sitters. 

Â