Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

Should not have been that close. But we got over line and the 3 pts and that's ultimately all that matters.

Bailey MOTM, we needed to get him more of the ball as was always dangerous. Konsa also v solid and Doug. Diaby will get criticised for missing chances that might've made it more comfortable but did alright and at least he was getting in dangerous positions.

Defence obv needs to improve and we can't keep getting done by simple balls over the top like this. but should improve once first choice players back. Main thing is we can go into break in league games with a win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supermon said:

If this was City people would be saying they just have a knack of winning, got to be happy with the points. Need defence sorting out though

Exactly. Arsenal won against Luton with a late goal and Arteta celebrated it like it was a title win.

Harsh pen I felt when you consider the blatant ones we didn't get against Sheffield United.

Lucky to get the win but really deserved it. We should have been 3-4 up by the time they scored their second.  

I don’t like to see penalties given for those types of fouls but they are so fair enough. 

Doug was the calmest man in the ground…. until it hit the bar! 

UTV Level top of the league. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Talk on the match thread of fragile player mentality. 

We really need to work on fan mentality.

First bit of bad form in a year, sitting joint top of the table.

Fans are fragile as f***.

Fickle fans, always been a major issue with the club. Whether its the natural Brummie pessimistic view or something else, but as you say we are joint top, and well ahead of where we should be. 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Totally. After a win like that some people just post negatively. 

Just now, mottaloo said:

Another spawny vile performance....spawny penalty....spawny red card.....proppa spawny dvbs. Mate.

Typical DVBs. What about hawkeye eh? Mate. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

And yet another decisive goal scored after the 85th minute.  Scoring late goals is a classic sign of a team with fragile mentality.  Joint top at New Year (admittedly having played a game more) is another classic sign of a team with no heart.

• Like 2

Diaby so so wasteful and frustrating to watch at times, Bailey was absolutely outstanding today his hit new heights 👏🏽… JJ has to be more clinical poor from him But looking alot more better… Pau must start!!! Carlos and Lenglet pairing frightens me… Moreno has to be less risky…

Mcginn today excellent performance from him very enjoyable to watch…. Luiz average… but im delighted with that win but we need to be more convincing i think we can agree having said that I’ll blame finishing because we set up many many chances.

2023 you was quite something UTV! 💜

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Exactly. Arsenal won against Luton with a late goal and Arteta celebrated it like it was a title win.

Harsh pen I felt when you consider the blatant ones we didn't get against Sheffield United.

I thought Watkins genuinely had a shout for one.

• Like 1

Be nice to stop doing stupid stuff at either end of the pitch

Should have been out of sight before their 2nd, but some really poor finishing. Diaby and JJ had great chances where they didnt even make the keeper work

Â